Summer Fashion Hub 2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Summer Fashion Hub 2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
HCM Design
Style

How to Wear Your Summer Favorites in the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

This summer has been filled with a ton of trends- some bold such as feathers and some more predictable, such as tie dye. Of course, fall will be filled with trends of its own, but that doesn’t mean we have to ditch our summer pieces just because the season is coming to an end. 

Here’s some ways to transition your summer wardrobe for the fall weather without forgetting about the greatest trends these past few months have brought us. 

First we’ll look at the legendary corset look. We love this romantic yet chic piece that has been recently put on our radar. This summer we’ve seen it worn on its own by many streetwear icons including Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner. But the trend is not dead yet, and there are many ways to work this piece in cold weather as well.

Kendall Jenner shows this look by adding a cropped hoodie over the corset. 

Image via Pinterest 

Or, if you are going for a bolder look, perhaps for dinner or an event, Bella Hadid shows her corset slipped on over a button up. 

Image via Pinterest 

Recently seen as street style during this year’s New York Fashion Week, tie dye is far from over. This summer we saw tie dye swimsuits, tank tops and boyshorts. But this pattern is continuing into fall, and layering all the tie dye you have seems to be the trend. 

Image via Pinterest

Feathers were another summer trend from this year. There were feathers on bags, the edges of tank tops and even on the ankle strap of stiletto heels. We love it, but it’s too cold to be showing that much skin! Luckily, designers have been adding feather fringe to the bottom of jeans, a style that will keep our feather dream alive and our bodies warm this fall. 

The Outnet – $148

Another popular look we have seen blossom this season is monochrome. Whether it be in the neon green we’ve all been obsessed with for over a year now, or in the up and coming pastel lavender, we’re here for it. And we still will be showing off this look this fall with single colored sweatsuits. This look takes your comfy day to the next level. 

Image via Urban Outfitters

A European feeling has washed over fashion this summer by bringing us the midi skirt. Many times seen in a silky fabric, including bolder looks such as cheetah print, to more simple takes like pastel pink. Typically paired with a cropped tank top or a corset top in the summer, these skirts have been all the rage. This fall we can still wear them, just by adding a few layers. 

One way to do this is by pairing your skirt with an oversized sweater and switching out your kitten heels for sneakers or a pair of booties. 

Image via Pinterest 

As excited as we all may be for the new fall trends, we can’t forget about our token summer pieces we just bought! Use these easy tips to keep your wardrobe up to date and weather appropriate.

Current Vice President and Campus Correspondent for the Cal Poly chapter of Her Campus. Hannah is a third year Journalism student with a concentration in Public Relations at Cal Poly. Hannah is working toward a career writing for an online publication focusing on health and wellness. In her free time Hannah listens to podcasts, walks on the beach, reads self-help books, shops clean skincare and tries new plant-based recipes. On this page you'll find the articles she has written about lifestyle, health, wellness, fashion, current events and more.