How to Survive Finals Like an HC Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

So you’re in the midst of finals and the stress is at its peak; maybe you had your first couple finals and you’re on your way home for the holidays or maybe you’re just about to get started. Either way, us girls at Her Campus Cal Poly are feeling it too. We’re tired of seeing scantrons and number two pencils at the bottom of our backpacks, we’re reading to retire out textbooks. But! Before we peace out for the holidays, we have to survive…FINALS WEEK. Thank goodness Her Campus Nationals sent us a survival kit geared just for that. Follow our survival kit steps and you’ll be done in no time!

Step One: Open your survival kit. Breathe a sigh of relief; HC Nationals knows just what they’re doing.

Step Two: Skip the coffee and go straight for those oh-so-yummy Mango Peach 5 Hour Energies- they last longer, work quicker, and keep you on your A+ study game.

Step Three: Don’t forget to fill up your Sorel water bottle to stay hydrated and keep warm with that gorgeous fleece blanket- libraries can get cold at night and we don’t want any distractions, not even a breeze!

Step Four: Keep some extra change in your Vera Bradley coin wallet for some late night vending machine snacks (don’t be ashamed, those chips and cookies are calling our name too and in the middle of finals week, treat yo-self girl).

Step Five: Get some last minute Inspiration with the #ActuallySheCan Issue No 2 and take a study break to put on some glamourous Michael Kors flash tattoos and don’t forget to spritz a little Tresemme Sea Salt Spray to get a wavy, beachy look with no fuss and in no time; empowered and stylish, just the way we like it.

Step six: Ace those exams! We know those late nights and study seshes will be SO worth it and those A’s will be flying in.

HC Nationals have got our back, and now we have yours- follow these six steps and you’ll be on your way to acing those exams and surviving finals just like your very own HCCP girls!

Dakota Greenwich is a Cal Poly 3rd year English Major, studying for her undergraduate and minors in linguistics and graphic communications. This is her 2nd year writing for Her Campus and in her spare time, she works at the Kennedy Library, studies, and blogs. She loves to discuss and research current social issues including women's rights and political issues. If you don't see her working at my campus library or studying, you can find her at her favorite coffee shop, Scout Coffee, reading a thriller novel.
Frances is a third year currently studying Journalism and French at Cal Poly SLO. She hails from the Bay Area where you can usually find her in her local Philz, chugging a caffeinated drink. She is a firm proponent of boybands, rain, Shonda Rhimes shows and the occasional In N' Out run.