How to Live Life Like Beyoncé

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

How did y’all wake up this morning?

If your answer was “FLAWLESS,” you’re already on the right path to be like the strongest, most beautiful and most amazing woman on this planet: Beyoncé.

Beyoncé is no joke. Women and men around the world look up to her, idolize her and try to be just like her. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Bey (can I call her that, are we on those terms yet?) has shown the world how to be strong, independent and how to hold your head up high in all situations (everyone knows those divorce rumors are just rumors right???…RIGHT???).

Here are some steps to be just like Beyoncé:

1. Be “Flawless”:

Now don’t get this wrong. When Beyoncé says “Flawless,” she doesn’t literally mean that you should have no flaws. She means accept your flaws, and flaunt what you got. The-Dream, who co-wrote the song “Flawless,” had also explained

2. Love Your Body:

When you see Beyoncé, the first thing you might notice is her curves. And man oh man, are they some nice curves. Beyoncé flaunts her body, and isn’t afraid to strut her stuff. If you want to be like Yoncé, love the body you’re in and be proud of it.

3. Haters Gon’ Hate, You Do You:

When every single magazine was claiming that Beyoncé and Jay Z were getting divorced, what did she do? She took a trip to Europe with her family. She brought her family up on stage with her when she won the VMA for the Michael Jackson Video Vangaurd Award. Her Instagram was filled with pictures of her family. Bey and Jay Z were seen everywhere. It was like throwing a middle finger up in the air to all the tabloid magazines and all the people that would really believe her and Jay Z would ever end their reign as King and Queen of the music industry. 

4. Go Natural:

Beyoncé is seen quite often without makeup, or wearing minimal makeup. For more tips and tricks on how to get skin, makeup, and hair like Beyoncé, check this article out.

5. Be Independent:

Beyoncé has explained numerous times how independent she feels even throughout her marriage. Although she’s married, she still feels like she’s her own person. She says, “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” Her self-confidence and independence is really inspiring and should be something that all people strive for.

Hi everyone! I'm Arinee Rahman, a second year Journalism major at Cal Poly SLO. I love cats, and I love potato. I love potato so much that my cat's name is Potato.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu