This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

For many people, the start of spring is synonymous with Easter. Unfortunately, Easter does not align with Cal Poly’s spring break, so many students cannot make it home for the holiday, which can be disappointing to those who are used to spending the holiday with their families. If you feel like you’re missing out on the Easter festivities this year, don’t worry. There are many ways that you can celebrate Easter at Cal Poly.

1. Go to Brunch

Image via Unsplash

Easter and brunch go together like peanut butter and jelly. Treat yourself this year by getting dressed up in your cutest spring outfit and taking yourself out to a nice breakfast. 

2. Attend Mass

Image via Pexels

If going to church is an important part of the Easter tradition for you, then look into attending a local Easter Service. The Newman Center, which is located on campus, across the street from Front Porch, will host an Easter Mass at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.

3. Call home

Image via Pexels

A call home can help you feel connected to your loved ones even though you can’t be with them physically.

4. Eat Easter Candy

Image via Pexels

Enjoy all of the chocolate bunnies, Reese’s peanut butter eggs, and other delicious Easter treats that your heart desires. And don’t forget, the day after Easter all of these delectable candies will be on sale. 

5. Enjoy the Nice Weather

Image via Pexels

Spring is beautiful in San Luis Obispo. The flowers are blooming, the sun is out and the days are long — making it the perfect time to enjoy some time outside. Spend the day at the beach, go for a hike or lounge out by the pool at the Recreation Center.

Image via Pexels

Whatever you choose to do, we hope you have a wonderful holiday! Happy Easter!