This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Congratulations on making it through Week 7 collegiettes. We understand if you slacked on reading the paper and watching the news. Have no fear, HCCP is here with the headlines from this week and your weekend weather update. 

GUN ON CAMPUS:

University Police are investigating after finding a gun in tower four of Sierra Madre on Tuesday. 

UPD responded to an anonymous tip that a student was in possession of a rifle. They confiscated an unloaded 22-caliber rifle and several rounds of ammunition.

Police say the student owned the gun legally and they do not think he planned to use it.

Sierra Madre residents called the ordeal a misunderstanding. 

“When I heard about it I was pretty shocked because I know him really well,” Forrest Baker, a Sierra Madre tower four resident said. “He’s a totally normal guy, he’s super nice.”

It is illegal to have a gun on campus. The district attorney’s office is reviewing the case and will decide if any charges will be brought against the student.

CAL POLY TEAMS UP WITH CA STRAWBERRY COMMISSION:

Cal Poly top students and California’s top crop are teaming up in a new partnership.

The partnership between Cal Poly and the California Strawberry Commission was announced in Sacramento on Tuesday. The celebration took place on Dexter Lawn on Wednesday, where students were treated to strawberry smoothies.

The project provides students from all majors with opportunities to apply their knowledge and will bring new growth to the University.

“What this partnership means is that it will establish the Center for Sustainability and Research Education for strawberries here at Cal Poly,” Amy Hewes, spokeswoman for the College of Engineering, said.

SORORITY INVESTIGATED FOR HAZING:

The Chi Delta Theta cultural sorority is under investigation for hazing and it suspended from all activities until the investigation it settled.

An anonymous tip alerted Student Life and Leadership about the hazing incident. Cal Poly has a zero tolerance policy against hazing.  The investigation is expected to take about a week.

WEEKEND WEATHER:

Expect highs in the high 60s this weekend with lows in the 40s. A frost advisory has been issued for Southern California so if you’re going out this weekend, be sure to incorporate a cute, warm jacket into your ensemble.

You’re up-to-date on the top Cal Poly stories so get out there and have a riveting, intelligent conversation with a cutie. Enjoy your weekend collegiettes!

Christina Favuzzi is a junior broadcast journalism major at California Polytechnic State University in beautiful San Luis Obispo. She's originally from Santa Barbara but she loves being just up the coast in SloTown.In addition to her journalism degree, she is minoring in political science and dance.Christina is a member of the Omicrom Mu chaper of Chi Omega.Christina is an avid member of Cal Poly news media beyond HCCP. She is a multimedia journalist for Cal Poly Television and collaborates with the entire Mustang Media Group. She firmly believes this is the most exciting time to be working in journalism! Pay attention collegiettes.