Halloween in SLO, as Told by ‘Hocus Pocus’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

It’s officially October, which means it’s time to celebrate Halloween, because, let’s face it, the entire month of October is Halloween. Of course, celebrating Halloween changes from place to place, and that’s no exception to a town that is always sunny. So, put in your favorite Halloween movie – Hocus Pocus – and try to get into the cozy spirit (even if it is 80 degrees outside).

1. When you are trying to get into that cozy Halloween spirit, but it’s still 80 degrees outside.

Who better to know how to stay cool than your favorite Halloween bullies?

2.  That moment when you are celebrating the Halloween season and someone reminds you that you have a midterm tomorrow.

Don’t even mention the word book around us! We’re trying to get SPOOKY.

3. There’s always that one person who wishes it was summer again, even though Halloween is the best.

Like, excuse me? Do you even know who we are? Do you see our pumpkin candles? Don’t talk to us about summer.

4. When it’s the night before Halloween and you know it’s only a couple more hours until your inner child comes out.

Who says Halloween is just for children?

5. When you wake up on Halloween and freak out because IT’S FINALLY HALLOWEEN!

Don’t freak out, don’t freak out… it’s only the BEST HOLIDAY EVER.

6. That one time it rains on Halloween, but it’s the Central Coast so it makes no sense.

What is this? Water coming from the sky? Seems unnatural.

7. That one professor who assigns homework ON HALLOWEEN.

Thanks, Satan. To us, Halloween is not a bunch of Hocus Pocus. Be spooky my friends, and have a magical Halloween! Though we’d recommend trying to avoid lighting any black flame candles.

Morgan Mazzocco is a fourth year English major with a minor in Media Arts & Technologies. She hopes to someday work in an art museum and pretend to be Dorian Grey.