Great Gifts to Give to a Every Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Commencement is a ceremony in which degrees are given to graduating students. But it also means a beginning or start. What better way to celebrate your friend’s hard work on their new degree and wish them good luck as their new life begins than with a thoughtful gift? Here are some gifts to give to the graduate in your life based on their major!

Gifts for the English Major:

What better gift to give the English major in your life than a book? Well, a book purse!

They spent countless hours reading hundreds of books for their major, so why not carry one around as an adorable accessory? Visit this Etsy shop to find all sorts of cute book purses!

Gifts for the Psychology Major:

Is the psychology major in your life “psyched” about getting their degree? Here’s a fun way for them to reminisce about all that they studied!

I’m sure they’ll love to take a Freudian “sip” out of this cute mug!

Gifts for the Political Science Major:

Who run the world? Girls! And these girls are the future leaders of the world!

This sweatshirt makes a bold statement, and will show her support for more female leadership in government!

Gifts for the Agricultural Science Major:

These girls are strong, independent and they work hard. Plus, they rock those cowgirl boots!

She’s probably already got a few pairs of boots in her wardrobe, but these fun boots are definitely a statement piece. Every cowgirl’s gotta dress up every now and then!

Gifts for the Statistics Major:

These girls are definitely less than or equal to the .05 level! They are significant!

And what better way to show how amazing and awesome she is than with this adorable shirt?

Gifts for the Business Major:

These girls are taking care of business every day! Kind of reminds me of that super catchy song…

Anyways, this adorable bag will be the perfect accessory to help the business major in your life land the perfect job and look super professional!

Gifts for the Chemistry Major:

The chemistry major in your life is one intelligent Carbon-Hydrogen-Iodine-Carbon-Potassium! I mean, she’s one intelligent chick!

And these adorable glasses are the perfect thing she needs for her new place after college:

Gifts for the Architecture Major:

After all those projects, she deserves a thoughtful gift!

This journal is perfect for writing all of her ideas and doodles, as she is designing her life and building her future:

Gifts for the Engineering Major:

She didn’t choose the engineering life. The engineering life chose her.

This necklace is beautiful, and she will wear it proudly! And with the lovely compass on the back, it will help lead her in the direction of her dreams.

Whatever gift you give to the graduate in your life, she’ll adore it!

Emily has also authored political articles for Restless Magazine and numerous inspirational and empowering pieces for Project Wednesday. When she isn't writing, she can be found flying off to her next adventure, attempting new recipes, listening to one of her infinite playlists on Spotify, or cuddling with her dogs. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @emilycveith.
Dakota Greenwich is a Cal Poly 3rd year English Major, studying for her undergraduate and minors in linguistics and graphic communications. This is her 2nd year writing for Her Campus and in her spare time, she works at the Kennedy Library, studies, and blogs. She loves to discuss and research current social issues including women's rights and political issues. If you don't see her working at my campus library or studying, you can find her at her favorite coffee shop, Scout Coffee, reading a thriller novel.