This is the Girl Power Playlist You Need in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.
It’s Friday night and you and your best friends are getting ready for a night out. Of course, you’re blasting some tunes to dance around to while you put on your makeup. And what’s a better soundtrack than a compilation of amazing female artists? We’ve curated a playlist full of pop princesses, feminist anthems and inspiring girl groups.

These songs vary from genre to genre, but they all have one thing in common: they feature a strong female vocalist. Little Mix, a girl band from the U.K., start off the playlist with “Salute”— an empowering song about representin’ all the women. Throughout the rest we have classics like “Independent Women, Pt. 1” by Destiny’s Child and “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera. There’s also a few lesser known bombshells, like Grace and Jess Glynne, to introduce you to even more amazing women! And of course, we had to close out with “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé.

So plug in your speakers, gather your girlfriends and enjoy!

“Salute” by Little Mix
“Don’t Save Me” by HAIM
“C’Mon” by Ke$ha
“Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj
“Reflection” by Fifth Harmony
“Dirty Harry” by Grace
“Here I Come” by Fergie
“How We Do (Party)” by Rita Ora
“Girlfriend” by Icona Pop
“Run Away With Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen
“Fighter” by Christina Aguilera
“Independent Women, Pt. 1” by Destiny’s Child
“Confident” by Demi Lovato
“U + Ur Hand” P!nk
“Want U Back” by Cher Lloyd
“Spice Up Your Life” by Spice Girls
“Wind It Up” by Gwen Stefani
“Obsessed” by Mariah Carey
“Slow Down” by Selena Gomez
“Work B**ch” by Britney Spears
“This Moment” by Katy Perry
“Like A Prayer” by Madonna
“I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
“The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga
“Hold My Hand” by Jess Glynne
“Trouble” by Neon Jungle
“Mine” by Phoebe Ryan
“Ready or Not” by Bridgit Mendler
“Anything Could Happen” by Ellie Goulding
“Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé

Click here for a Spotify playlist with all the songs.
Amy Rush

Cal Poly

Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.