element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

A Gift Guide for Your Artsy Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

With the holidays approaching, it’s time to start thinking about what gifts to get your friends. Read on for the ultimate guide to shopping for your artsy friend!

For Your Friend Who Loves to Paint

This beautiful HIMI gouache paint set is perfect for your friends who are partial to painting. The colors are pigmented and versatile, and the packaging is absolutely adorable! Not only is this paint set treasured in the art community, but it’s also affordable compared to more fancy paint sets. You also don’t have to worry about your paints drying out as they are easily revived when you add water.

For Your Friend Who Loves to Doodle

I am obsessed with these POSCA paint pens. These are not your typical markers; these pens have the pigmentation and color range of acrylic paints, but the control of a set of Sharpies. These pens can be used to draw on pretty much every surface you can think of. I personally like to doodle with these in my journals since the thickness of the pen tip is just fine enough to create crisp detailed drawings.

For Your Graphic Designer Friend

If you have a friend who’s more of a graphic artist, consider getting them the Xyron Create-A-Sticker! This tiny portable machine can turn your friend’s graphic art into their own custom stickers. Not only is the machine easy to use, but it’s also pretty budget-friendly at just under $30 considering some sticker machines are easily $200.

For Your Friend Who Loves to Bullet Journal

If you have a friend who loves to journal, check out Notebook Therapy’s Bullet Journals! This brand is my go to for aesthetic bullet journals. Although my personal favorite is their pastel yellow bullet journal, they offer a large range of designs, so you can find the perfect look for your friends. On their website, they also offer adorable sticker packs that can be used to decorate the journals!

Alex Perez

Cal Poly '24

I'm Alex and I'm a first year English major. I hope to pursue a career in law while continuing to write for an online publication. When I'm not in class or writing, I like to spend my time running, hiking, and painting. My formula for happiness is takeout Thai food plus Sex and the City!