This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

I am a HUGE fan of fun date excursions. I have been in a relationship for about 10 months now, and my boyfriend and I love going on new adventures. Because life gets busy with school and other activities, it can be hard to find time to set aside for your relationship. So, here are four of my favorite date ideas in SLO that you can use next time you are planning a date with your significant other. 

These ideas are specific and leave no room for the questions that typically arise when planning: “What should we do?”  “Where should we eat?” “How do we get there?” All of these options are easily accessible through GPS, and vary in pricing so you can decide how much you are looking to spend.

Get takeout Flour House & watch sunset at Prefumo Canyon

This option is going to be the most expensive, but if you are looking for a special night out, I would recommend this idea. Flour House downtown offers takeout, and their menu consists of the most delicious appetizer spreads, pizzas, pastas. I would recommend splitting the burrata appetizer and one of their specialty pizzas. After you pick up your dinner, head to Prefumo Canyon for a beautiful SLO sunset!

Hit the 4:20 daily special at High Street Deli then beach day

Calling all SLO sandwich lovers! We know that one of the best delis EVER is the one and only High Street. At $6.99 you can get your favorite sandwich, but make sure you head into the shop between 4:20-5:30 p.m. After you pick up the sandwiches, head to your favorite nearby beach: Avila, Shell, Pismo, or Pirate’s Cove. 10/10 would recommend this adventure for one of the warmer days in SLO!

Hike the Avila Ridge Trail 

This hike in Avila beach is spectacular! The natural beauty of this place leaves me in awe. I would say this hike is great for intermediate hikers. Though it is rated “moderate” I would say it is worth the challenge. Once you reach the top, you are finally at the swings and feel truly accomplished. Your surroundings are breathtaking!

Sunset picnic at Terrace Hill

Whether you want to pick up dinner from one of your favorite places, or prepare something at home to bring, Terrace Hill is a great spot to be at for sunset. The iPhone GPS could be off at times, but the trail is located on the right hand side of the street after the Augusta St. stop sign. It is a short walk up a relatively steep hill, but once you’re up there the views of SLO are fantastic. Bring some good food and a few blankets, it gets windy up there!

I hope that you try out some of these dates that admire SLO’s beauty. At the end of the day, it isn’t what exactly you do, but the quality time you spend together. The options are unlimited and there are many ways you can modify these plans to your liking. Enjoy! :)

Lauren is a third-year student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo studying Journalism on the Public Relations track. At Cal Poly, Lauren is involved in Her Campus, the Public Relations Student Society of America, an employee of Shakesmart and also serves as the event coordinator for her sorority. In her free time, she loves spending time with her family and friends and running. She is passionate about writing and cannot wait to share some of her insight on Her Campus!