Style

Fashion Trends Making Their Way Into the Spotlight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Behold, the statement-making fashion trends bold enough to save us from our quarantine blues. From funky prints to sleek leather looks, these trends are sure to be the cremè de la cremè of 2020.

Funky town

From warped checker-print to colorful abstract blobs, this trend will be sure to catch eyes in the best way possible. Find inspiration in psychedelic colors and patterns to put together your very own quirky ensemble. Brands putting this trend on high gear are Paloma Wool, Lisa Says Gah and House of Sunny.

The message is monochromatic

Elevate your wardrobe with bold outfits consisting of different shades and tints of your color choice. Make a statement in the most elegant and understated way possible.

Lust for leather

From pants to jackets, this outerwear piece is a timeless classic. It’s sleek. It’s edgy. It’s sophisticated.

Lingerie as outerwear

Redefine lingerie by showing off the beauty of your intimates rather than hiding them underneath your clothes. Pair your most coveted silky lace slip over a long sleeve top with some knee-length boots and you’re good to go. Throw a corset over an oversized button-down and you’re ready to take on the world. Brands that scream this style are Orseund Iris and For Love and Lemons.

Ladies who lounge

With quarantine and work-from-home quickly becoming the new normal, our minds have begun to shift to anything that screams comfort. A few of the top brands specifically known for their cozy loungewear include Skims, NastyGal and ASOS.

This Fall is going to be the most innovative of all, and we’re here for it. Let’s see how daring you can get with putting your own personal flair into these looks. Bonus points if you can put together a look that knocks out more than one trend at once.

Malia Sine is currently studying at California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo with a major in Communication Studies. Malia studied abroad in Florence, Italy where she attended Milan Fashion Week and gained valuable skills from her fashion marketing and accessory design classes. Her passion for writing about innovative artistic expression stems from her love of aesthetic composition and innate ability to join separate components together into a beautiful whole. As a creative, Malia enjoys designing handbags, upcycling clothes, and creating mood boards for inspiration. She aspires to become a leader at the forefront of the fashion and beauty industry.