Diving Deep into Lexie Lombard’s Podcast Episode, “How to be a Hot Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

To describe her podcast, “@lexie,” Lexie Lombard says it’s the “diary of a Gen Z.” After listening to all of her uploads thus far, we agree this phrase is truly the essence of the series. Lombard tackles topics such as body image, money, jealousy, self growth and more. One of her most popular uploads titled, “being a hot girl,” takes a deeper look into the non-physical aspects of being a confident and passionate woman in today’s society.

Let’s delve into Lombard’s guide to being and feeling your best by analyzing a few of her main points.

Comfort Being Seen From All Angles

Lombard explains that she doesn’t mean looking like a runway model from a low angle is essential. But, a crucial step to her “operation be hot,” is feeling confident in your own body. Of course, being active is important, but this point is primarily about shifting your perspective and learning to appreciate what makes you different and unique.

Having Confidence to Speak Your Mind

Lombard shares how she goes through phases throughout the year where she feels more confident in what she has to say, and other times feeling like she should just remain silent. Lombard says working toward this confidence could mean, “Practicing having confidence in what you have to say, whether that be an opinion or an idea, or something as simple as sharing a story from your weekend with friends.”

Having Current Events in Your Life That You’re Excited About

“I always feel confident about myself when I either have a recent achievement, or just something that I’ve been doing.” Lombard explains how she feels more confident knowing she has something to share when someone asks her, “What have you been up to?” Lexie describes how it could be as simple as a recent activity you’ve been doing like a home improvement project.

Having Good Sex

“What a way to feel hot,” Lombard says. Giving yourself time to learn more about who you are through exploring your sexuality may help you feel more in tune with yourself. Prioritizing your sex life to make you feel more empowered and confident is one step on the way to feeling hot.

Knowing What You Have is Good Enough

Lombard explains how this point, similar to confidence from all angles is truly a shift of how you see yourself and your life. “My life isn’t going to look different tomorrow than it did today . . . but the mentality shift is something that is so worth putting the effort forth for, ” Lombard said.

Prioritizing Quality Relationships

Lombard uses the example of having a good visit with her family. Since that’s not the situation for everyone, the idea is to enrich your life with positive interactions with those you care about. It’s important to choose people who make you feel good, as that will only add positivity to your life.

A Flush of Color or a Physical Glow

One tip Lexie shares that can make you feel better about yourself is putting on your moisturizer, highlighter, blush or getting a little sun. This can help you feel more confident and ready to take on whatever the day throws at you. Outer glow may bring out inner glow, after all.

Practicing Flexibility

Preparing your body to move throughout the day by doing yoga or stretching can inspire you to be more active during the day. Lombard focuses on how feeling flexible can improve how comfortable you are with yourself and how well you know your body. This can be interpreted differently by each person, some people may choose to stretch, while others do yoga, exercise, etc.

The Right Song

“The right song can make you feel hot.” Lexie shared her personal list of songs but inspires listeners to make a playlist of songs that inspire confidence and keep it on lock at all times. Here’s a playlist that we love to use to bring out our hot girl side.

Focusing On Your Intuition

“You need to make sure that you and your intuition are in agreement.” Lombard  discusses how intuition plays a huge role in her life and how she has grown since she began listening to it. One step to help you learn how to become intune with yourself is to journal. If you journal how you feel before and after being around different people, doing certain activities, eating particular foods, etc. it can help you reflect on what you liked and what you didn’t. Over time you may not need the journal anymore, you’ll know what it feels like to take part in things that serve you well. 

Keeping Clean

Physically clean, spatially clean and organized. Lexie describes how keeping you and your space clean can help you on your way to feeling hot. One way to reset your environment is to reorganize your things, rearrange your living space or simply clean everything. Wash your sheets, fold your clothes; whatever it takes to make you feel refreshed. 

The main goal of Lombard’s podcast episode is to shift the view of being a hot girl from a physical focus  to a mental state. To explore more stories and talk about the real life questions Gen Z’s have, follow @Lexie wherever you listen to podcasts.

Current Vice President and Campus Correspondent for the Cal Poly chapter of Her Campus. Hannah is a third year Journalism student with a concentration in Public Relations at Cal Poly. Hannah is working toward a career writing for an online publication focusing on health and wellness. In her free time Hannah listens to podcasts, walks on the beach, reads self-help books, shops clean skincare and tries new plant-based recipes. On this page you'll find the articles she has written about lifestyle, health, wellness, fashion, current events and more.