Dealing with Finals Week Stress, as Told by The Real Housewives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The dreaded stress of finals week is upon us bringing the endless hours of studying, sleepless nights and uncontrollable eating habits. Even though we can easily develop the mentality that only fellow college students can relate to, it seems as though the Real Housewives on Bravo can relate more than we’d like to admit. They may be more focused on their trendy clothes, dinner parties and other reality show drama, but they also can surely relate to the following 13 stress-related challenges we face during finals week.

Sometimes you just really need a study break…and a snack.

You can’t help but stress-eat your way through all of your food (and some of your roommate’s food).

Sugar is an essential food group. You obviously can’t study without that late night slice of cake, right?

Can “New Quarter Resolutions” be a thing?

Walking to the library with a backpack full of books is the most exercise you have time for. At least you work up a sweat doing it.

Nothing is worse than having to walk through the entire library trying to find an open space next to all of the other stressed out students cramming for their upcoming exams.

Falling asleep mid-chapter is normal right?

People really should stop asking how your week is going; it should be obvious by the black circles under your eyes.

You want your normal sleep schedule back more than you want anything else.

People always say to look for the light at the end of the tunnel, right?

It’s go-time people! Can we just skip the chatter and pass the exams out already?

If you don’t question whether you aced a test or totally failed it, did you even just take a final?

Finally, it’s over. Time to celebrate!

Taylor Petschl

Cal Poly '18

Taylor Petschl is a Cal Poly SLO alum and is currently attending Boston University for graduate school. She is a former campus correspondent and editorial intern for Her campus! 
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.