Chi O Sweetheart and GRC Major Lauren Klammer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

You truly cannot understand the definition of Campus Cutie until you have encountered the lovely Lauren Klammer.

This second year graphic communications major has got it going on, from her artistic skills to her long flowing blonde hair, she’s the complete package.

What are you involved with on campus?

“I’ve been a member of Chi Omega Sorority since fall quarter of my freshman year. This year I was chosen as the 2015 Director of Marketing. I’m leading a team of different positions which is a total of twelve girls. These positions range from social media to photography, so it’s a very broad spectrum of all things marketing for Chi Omega. I absolutely love it.” *she giggles adorably*

Tell us what it’s like to be a member of Chi O?

“Before college I wasn’t exactly sure if I wanted to join Greek life, but I decided to go through the recruitment process, and on the second day I fell in love with Chi Omega. I felt like they had this element to them that was so different and so unique from the other houses I visited, and from then on out it has been one of the biggest parts of my college career. I’ve built really strong friendships though it. The girls have given me a home away from home at Cal Poly.”

Are you involved in anything else on campus?

“I’m also in a bible study that is through Campus Crusade, and it too has been vital to my experience at Cal Poly. I love having a group of girls I can be totally honest with and talk about all aspects of life with, while feeling completely accepted and cared about.”

What were you involved with in high school?

“In high school I was involved in ASB and I was senior class vice president. I did senior class fundraising and apparel design. I planned prom and graduation and I even gave a speech at graduation. I was also the vice president of model united nations club. *Gina going off on a tangent about how great the Model UN episode was in Parks and Rec*

What are you most passionate about?

“I’ve always loved art. My dad is an architect, so he uses many different mediums of art, and my mom used to be a photographer and painter. It’s in my blood. I’ve always been really passionate about creating, which is part of the reason why I chose my major and am concentrating in design. I’m also going to pursue a photography minor. I know that I want to incorporate photography into my career.”

Fun fact?

“My best friend from home has the same name as me, and our moms also have the same name. I have an uncle named Jeff and my dad’s name is Bob. She has an uncle named Bob, and her dad’s name is Jeff.”

What is something most people don’t know about you?

“All of the crazy coincidences that happen in the world- well I believe there’s a purpose behind everything that happens. I’m a big believer in that everything happens for a reason.”

What is the most attractive quality a man can have?

“First I would say silliness; he needs to be able to laugh at himself. I ejoy really outgoing and wild guys who can make you feel lively-real spunky guys. Physically, I really like calves. They get you places. It’s also nice when guys have their own sense of style. I like fashion a lot so when men are in tune with their fashion I appreciate that.”

What would be your ideal date?

“Well I’m a very romantic person, and unfortunately for men I have very high expectations. I want to go on some kind of adventure, with a picnic at the end. I’m romantic but not in a cheesy way. I’d want to do something spontaneous.

If you were a scented marker, what would you smell like?

“Night blooming jasmine or orange blossoms.”

What are your top three favorite movies?

“Across the Universe is my number one. I love the free spiritedness and the romance.  Number two is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. The third one which I haven’t seen, but I already know it’s going to be one of my favorites is Wild. I’m reading the book right now and I’m in love with it.”

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

“Well my dream job is to be a graphic designer for Patagonia Catalogues, so I see myself living on the central coast-most likely Santa Barbara or Ventura-working for Patagonia. I’ll be married to a really beautiful and amazing man, and have cute little blonde babies that we take on adventures.”

If someone wrote a biography about you what would the title be?

“Continuous Spontaneous Creation or The Adventure.”

Which celebrity is the most like you?

“Amanda Seyfried. I’ve been told that I look like her, and I’m a huge fan. I think she’s an incredible actress and singer, and she’s a really good role model to women.”

What is one thing that should be on everybody’s SLO bucket list?

“Camping in the architecture graveyard! I did that last year and we slept under the giant dome and had a bonfire.”

If you had the chance to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?

“Most people don’t know this about me, but I have a really great gospel voice. You wouldn’t expect that looking at me. I would probably sing Amazing Grace.”

If you had the opportunity to teach a class at Cal Poly, what would it be?

“It would be a design class or a creative expression class where you incorporate different mediums. There would be photography labs and you would learn how to make different art styles.”

If you had to eat at one place in SLO for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

“Sally Loo’s. Period.”

Is there anything else we should know?

“I’m planning on studying abroad in Paris the spring of my junior year, and I want to do lifestyle photography there. I want to go and eat baguettes every day, take photos, and visit museums.”

Well there she is everyone, a true sweetheart of Cal Poly!

Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.
Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8