This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Name: Brian Bennett 

Major: Business administration

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Romeoville, Illinois

Relationship status: Taken

Celebrity crush: Kendall Jenner

Spirit animal: Lion

Fun fact: Loves country music

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

BB: I am outgoing, and I like to make people smile and not be in bad moods.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

BB: I am on the basketball team, so athletics, and I also work security for events like football and baseball games.

HC: Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

BB: Man, I’ll be 29, so probably married with my family started either in California or in Illinois, and obviously on my career path.

HC: Do you know what you want that to be?

BB: Ya, I want to open a sporting complex that specializes with teenagers growing up and having the right nutrition but also the right regimen so they can get to the next level for the ones that are really serious and want to do that. Me and a bunch of buddies back home want to do that. We all have specific areas, like they’re football, baseball, and I’d be basketball.

HC:  Who has had the greatest influence on your life?

BB: I’m not going to use my parents, even though they probably have been, but I’m going to say my home church’s pastor. Because he really took me in as another son kind of deal, because he’s a great guy and I grew up with his kids. 

HC: If we were to give you a million dollars, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

BB: I would pay back my parents for everything they’d ever bought me. That’d be the first thing.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?

BB: Italy, because I am fascinated by their culture. Plus the wine — wait, don’t say the wine part — just their culture in general and the sights.

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

BB: Hmmm, something casual, not super romantic on the first date, because you don’t want to kill that. I definitely would not cook for a girl on the first date, because you might seem a little creepy asking her to come over so you could cook for her. Something kinda like a Eureka! Place, kind of like a sporty pub kind of deal because the atmosphere around it is not alarming, not scary, not feeling all the pressure. 

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

BB: She does not believe in God. 

HC: If your last name was a verb, what would it mean?

BB: To be on the go, because I’m growing up and even now, I am constantly moving, we go class to class every quarter, but also with sports and being an athlete we are always on the go. This week we’ll be here and next week we’ll be down in Southern California and the next week we’ll be home and the following week we’ll be in Hawaii.

Hi everyone! I'm Allie, I am a second year Sociology major minoring in Spanish and Statistics at Cal Poly SLO. I absolutely love living on the central coast. Family, friends, chai tea, Aziz Ansari, kittens, and smiling people are some of my favorite things! 
Hi everyone! My name is Austin and I am a second year sociology major from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, California! I have wonderful roommates, a fun family, genuine friends, but most of all I treasure my constantly evolving relationship with God. I like to learn, play piano, run, and just hang out with my loved ones. Someday, I hope that I can change the face of education in the United States so that there is more equality of opportunity in our wonderful country. I'd like to leave you with two quotes, one from my favorite person: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." -Jesus Christ and one from my favorite elf... well he's really a human raised by elves... "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite" -Buddy the elf Okay, have a great, loving, and smile-filled day! Love you all!
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.