The Best Fall Dates in SLO

Fall is here and it is, without a doubt, the best time to go on dates. Autumn has a plethora of amazing date ideas that you can’t experience any other time during the year.  San Luis Obispo is beautiful in the fall, making for a great time to head out for some fun dates. And the best part about fall dates is that any picture you take automatically makes you look like you were featured in a J. Crew advertisement. So grab your significant other and pumpkin spice latte and head out for a great time!

Apple Picking

There is no better date than apple picking. You get to wear that cute sweater and legging outfit you have been eyeing all summer and take adorable pictures with your significant other. Then you get to take all of those apples home and make apple pie with them. Nothing is more fun than baking with your love. Extra adorable points if you get into a flour fight.

Pumpkin Patch

Basically the same as apple picking except better, because pumpkins win over apples every time.  Head out to Avila Valley Barn and take a hay ride out to their pumpkin patch. Sip on some apple cider while you choose your pumpkins and then you’ve got yourself another baking opportunity.

Pumpkin pie, enough said.

Go on a Hike

Here in San Luis Obispo, fall is some of the best weather we have all year. It’s starting to cool down, but it’s not freezing. Take advantage of the amazing hiking trails around here and take your SO on a hike. Some of the best include Montana de Oro’s Bluff Trail, anywhere in Big Sur, and the classic Bishop’s Peak.

Go for a Bike Ride

Keep taking advantage of the amazing fall weather and take a bike ride on the Bob Jones’s trail out by Avila. It’s beautiful in the autumn and is sure to be a fun date. End at the beach and watch the sunset. It doesn’t get better than that.

Have a Picnic

Combine all of those other dates into the most epic of them all. Use the apples and pumpkins you picked on previous dates to make a delicious meal and take a hike or bike ride to your favorite romantic spot and settle in for a picnic. Lay out a blanket, have some wine, watch the sunset and cuddle with your SO all while wearing another cute sweater and leggings outfit.

Any of these dates are sure to make for a fun time. The weather is perfect, the food this time of year is amazing, and you get to do all of this with your favorite person.

I am a journalism major here at the amazing Cal Poly. My goal is to get paid to travel. The ultimate dream job would be to work for National Geographic or a magazine similar to that. I caught the travel bug when I went to China my sophomore year of high school. Since then I have been to Costa Rica, Spain and France. I hope to add to my list this summer and then maybe study abroad with Cal Poly. I love everything that has to do with the outdoors. I enjoy hiking, swimming, biking and yoga. I love writing and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!