This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Beauty and fashion vloggers are all the rage on YouTube. As there are thousands of these so called “beauty gurus” it may be overwhelming to find even one worth watching. To help narrow down the search, I have complied a list of my own personal favorite fashion and beauty vloggers.

Abb3rz07:

With her horn rimmed glasses, love of thrift shores and an endless knowledge of bands no one has ever heard of, Abby Williamson seems to be a quintessential hipster. However, she is much too passionate and energetic to be labeled as such. By day Abby is a sale associate at Lush, but by night she is a Seattle-based photographer who has shot the likes of We Are Scientists and Tokyo Police Club. On her channel Abby does various makeup and hair tutorials as well as reviews beauty products.

Claire Marshall:

I’m going to admit, I have a massive crush on this LA-based makeup artist. Not only is Claire drop dead gorgeous, insanely stylish and ridiculously cool, but she also has a dorky sense of humor and is willing to open up about personal matters to her very public audience. Claire’s channel mainly consists of daily vlogs, makeup tutorials and the occasional styling video.

TheAnothergirlslife:

I enjoy this British hairdresser’s sense of style almost as much as I enjoy her sense of humor. Also, Mary’s makeup tutorials are simple and easy to replicate.

UglyFaceOfBeauty:

I found Gracie’s channel because she often collaborates with Mary of TheAnothergirlslife. Gracie has a killer sense of style, amazing hair and is an all around awesome person. However, what makes her most appealing to me is the fact she is so honest about her own struggles with mental illness, a topic that is rarely discussed due to social stigma.

KateThisIsWhatIDo:

This sarcastic Brit has both a biting wit and edgy sense of style. Although her styling videos are undeniably amazing, what make her channel unique are her monthly rants in which she humorously complains about merge issues.

I am a 3rd year English here at Cal Poly. I have a passions for all things pop culture, dogs and feminism.
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.