Apply to be a Her Campus Cal Poly Team Member Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Are you an avid writer, a public relations strategist or a social media guru? Well, then you need to join our team with Her Campus Cal Poly!

In case you don’t already know, Her Campus is the number one platform for college women. Impressive, right? While Her Campus Media is a national platform, we have our very own successful chapter here at Cal Poly. We are within the top 20 percent of all 340+ chapters in the Her Campus Chapter Network, which earns us a “Pink Level” status within the organization. We strive to produce original content for our Cal Poly audience by publishing articles written, edited and uploaded by our team. 

We also host several events throughout the year, with some taking place right on campus and others in popular SLO locations. Some of our events include UU Booths and an Open Mic Night at SLO Donut Company. We have won several awards for our PR events, including the Marketing Mavens from Her Campus Media, Most Philanthropic, as well as a few others. 

Her Campus Cal Poly is a great way to get real-world experience with working with an online media platform and allows you to build your portfolio with content you want to write. Applications are open now, and you don’t want to miss out on this incredible experience! 

The application can be found here, and is due October 1. Please email us with any questions at hccalpoly@gmail.com

Taylor Petschl

Cal Poly '18

Taylor Petschl is a Cal Poly SLO alum and is currently attending Boston University for graduate school. She is a former campus correspondent and editorial intern for Her campus!