Hub Anatomy of Aesthetic edgetotedge hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hub Anatomy of Aesthetic edgetotedge hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

All the Best Spring Fashion Trends to Watch out For

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

With spring just around the corner, it is finally time to start transitioning to the warmer weather in your closet. Every year, each season has its’ iconic pieces or colors in the fashion realm. This spring of 2024, there will be a new wave of styles and trends that you can choose from when shopping or thrifting. Read on to find out how to re-vamp your wardrobe to stay on trend for this year’s spring season’s fashion inspired by Vogue and fashion influencers on Pinterest.    

The easiest way to stay on top of the trends is to incorporate pops of vibrant colors in your closet. While this past fall and winter fashion had its cherry red color, it is now time to look out for bright colors to dominate this spring. Start by finding pieces in your closet in these bright hues and try to create an outfit with what you already have. If you are currently lacking the color, you can purchase vibrant accessories such as bags or shoes that can easily add a pop of color to any of your outfits. Based on Vogue predictions, many people are going to begin to color block and mix and match contrasting colors to elevate their look.  

Another trend to look out for is the resurgence of animal prints. Yes, I said it…they are back and more popular than ever. This spring we will see a lot more animal prints such as cheetah, leopard, zebra, snake, and crocodile skin appear in stores. While this may be a hit or miss for many, past and current runway shows have been making it a trend that will be big this season. 

Cardigans will be great for layering as the weather begins to warm up. Be on the lookout for bright-colored cardigans because they will be everywhere on your Instagram and Pinterest boards. They make great staples to any closet because they are simultaneously effortless and chic. Pair a cardigan over any cute tank top for a stylish outfit instantly.

Zara Pleated Skort

Pleated skirts are predicted to rise in popularity this spring. These cute skirts look good on everyone and can easily be dressed up or down. They are very versatile and can be paired with anything from sweatshirts to cute tops. These skirts are going to be perfect for spring and can be found on sites such as Zara, Princess Polly, or Garage.

Another pattern that we will be seeing a lot of is colorful stripes. These patterns will be on linen pants, shorts, and button-ups. Pinstripe pants emulate summer and are perfect and comfortable to wear anytime. While they can sometimes resemble pajamas, if done right, stripes will give off the much-loved flowy coastal grandma vibe. It is clear that comfort is in as more people flock to this flowy loungewear style.

Haven Wide Leg Pant

The popular “Old Money” aesthetic is here to stay. Look forward to seeing more modest and elegant pieces such as linen pants and long vest-like tops that will be trending this spring. Linen is the perfect material to wear in the spring as it is beachy and flowy. The vest-like tops that have been popping up on sites such as Princess Polly are versatile because they look good with almost any bottoms. This style adds a sense of maturity and elegance that will make you look like you just returned from a European holiday. 

Whether or not you would like to follow these fashion trends, it is important to remember that your style is unique. Fashion is a way that you can express yourself and have fun. As spring comes, remember to dress for yourself to feel confident. I know for sure that I will be wearing linen pants and bright colors this spring! 

Chiana Kelly

Cal Poly '27

Chiana is a first-year Business Major at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She is currently involved in Her Campus as an editorial writer and a member of Delta Gamma and other Cal Poly clubs such as Distance Club and Young Life. Chiana loves ceramics, running, the beach, and surfing. She is always down for a good time with friends and family!