8 Reasons Why Nick Miller Steals Your Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

New Girl stud Nick Miller is truly one of a kind. He has no health insurance, almost no savings to his name, will probably bartend until he’s 90 years old, and–when provoked–has a tendency to moonwalk away from awkward situations. And yet, he still weaves his way into the hearts of us all despite his absurdly strange quirks. To remind us why we love this man with questionable hygiene and a conspiracy mindset, here are a couple reasons to refresh you:

1. The way he shows how much he cares

From the little ways he expresses that he’s thinking about you (albeit usually by disgustingly picking up hair ties off the ground “for your pony tails!”) to renting out an entire movie theater for your birthday surprise, Nick Miller always finds a way to put a smile on your face. Considering he doesn’t really have an enthusiasm for the human race, any sign that he likes you means you’re something special.

2. The way he gargles his beer

I cannot tell you why this is as sexy as it is. I really cannot. It just is and the sooner we accept that, the sooner I can feel less judged by mother. He’s dirty and I like it. Moving on.

3. His Chicago side

Like, are you kidding me? He is a total momma’s boy, but not in the, “I am unable to operate without my mother and have no clue how to do my own laundry,” kind of way. The way he calls his mom “Ma” with his little accent is unbelievable. I am offended, but also please keep talking in that twang.

4. You can lay in bed all day being lazy and you’ll never hear him complain about it

Lazy Sunday does not need to be limited solely to Sundays. With Nick Miller, you get Lazy-Any-Day-That-Ends-in-Y. He won’t judge you for it; in fact, it may just make him fall in love with you that much more. Who doesn’t love a good cuddle?

5. His seduction moves

I mean, come on. He’s so awful that it somehow has a counter-effect and ends up majorly working for him. You have to love the guy for trying, right?

6. He does anything to help his friends

If you need someone to cheer you up, Nick Miller is hands-down the greatest go-to. He’ll dance like an idiot, take you on a road trip, or buy you a cookie. I’ll take all of the above please. All he wants is for his friends to be happy and bless him for it.

7. You don’t have to worry about him being promiscuous because he hates using technology

He is skeptical about literally everything in the world: banks, cellphones, computers and even horses. You definitely do not need to snoop through his phone because he either doesn’t have one or doesn’t know how to work the thing. Don’t go through his room either because you don’t want to know what you’ll find; not for scandalous reasons, but for the sake of not accidentally touching just a gross piece of five-week-old food, probably.

8. He’s the best drinking buddy you’ll ever have

Not only do you get free drinks whenever (perks of a bartender lover), but he will always be the one right next to you chugging one down. He knows how to make them and how to take them. That, my friends, is ideal.

Basically, Nick Miller is the whole package deal in some way or another, a character that we cannot all help but to fall madly in love with. Is it too late to check Craigslist for some new roommates?