7 Signs You’re Totally Ready For Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

With the arrival of fall, and all things pumpkin-spice, also comes the most important holiday of the year. Think you’re Halloween-obsessed? We’ll let you know.

1. You’ve already got your Halloween costume planned

Maybe you’ve already purchased it or, if you’re really crafty, made it yourself. Whatever you plan on being, chances are you’ve spent months planning out every last detail to achieve the “wow” factor you’re looking for.

2. You’re counting down the days to Halloween

Chances are you’ve been crossing off the days on your calendar until you can begin carving pumpkins, hanging up skeletons and cobwebs in every nook and cranny of your home, and attending Halloween parties galore.

3. You’re planning *the* Halloween party of the season

You’ve got all your decorations ready, the entire menu planned, and the guest list has been double and triple checked to make sure everyone from your crew gets an invite. You’ve got everything you need to plan a Halloween party that everyone will be talking about until next Halloween, and are ready to be the hostess with the ~mostess~!

4. You’ve cleared out the candy aisle of your local grocery store

Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers – you’ve got bowls filled with all of these candies, and more, in every room in your house so that you can grab a handful any time. You definitely won’t have to worry about running out of candy when trick-or-treaters come to your door!

5. You’ve visited every pumpkin patch in a 50-mile radius

One of the most important things to do before Halloween is to carve a gorgeous jack-o-lantern for your front porch, and in order to do that, you first have to find the perfect pumpkin! That might mean visiting as many as five or six pumpkin patches, but it’s worth it to have an Instagram-worthy jack-o-lantern on Halloween!

6. You’ve got “Monster Mash” on repeat

Along with “This Is Halloween,” “Time Warp,” “Thriller” and all of the other greatest Halloween hits. Anytime your friends host a Halloween party, they always ask you to DJ because they know you have the best Halloween playlists.

7. As soon as this Halloween is over, you’ll immediately begin preparing for next year

You’ve already blocked out November 1st on your calendar so you can spend the day shopping for deals on all of the leftover Halloween merchandise (and candy!). Even though it’s 364 days away, you want to make sure that you’re ready for next Halloween!

Related: 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Celebrating Christmas Right Now

Be safe, rock your awesome costume and have a happy Halloween, Mustangs!

Audrey is a senior studying agricultural sciences at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. After graduating, she plans to get a teaching credential and master's in Agricultural Education, and pursue a career as an agricultural science teacher and FFA advisor. Outside of school, she works as a teaching assistant at a local high school. In her free time, she can be found square dancing, rocking out to Taylor Swift, or whipping up tasty treats and (attempting) to take a decent photo of them for Instagram. Facebook: Audrey Lent Twitter: @TheAudreyLent Instagram: @Audrey_Lent