7 Memes You’ll Recognize if You’re an Internet Addict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Let’s be real, the three things you need to survive are food, water and the Internet. And by Internet, I mean the obsession we have with tagging our friends in memes. But, who doesn’t love memes? They’re incredibly random and somehow capture our true personalities in the most relatable way.   Without them, our social media feeds would be looking a lot like our parents’ Facebook  profiles.

So without further ado, if you recognize these seven memes you are definitely an internet addict tucked away in your bed reading this.

1. “It”

Clowns are creepy. Period. There is nothing you can say to make them less creepy. But ever since Andres Muschietti’s adaptation of It released this fall, the clown trend has grown way out of proportion. Thankfully to battle the fear of clowns, the Internet does what the internet does best: make memes.

2. Homeboy’s Gonna Get It

Bella Hadid went sneaker shopping with Complex in Manhattan this year and when asked her feelings about a questionable pair of shoes…well, let’s just say the Internet has a new catchphrase of the year.

bella hadid talk like a undercover cop pic.twitter.com/ENtObBtRxs

— Young Black Jesus (@zekNcashe) October 5, 2017

if homeboy comes thru in these,,, it’s quiet for him but if he comes thru in theeeeese, homeboy’s gonna like,,,, get it pic.twitter.com/EDsD9L9A63

— BRANDON WARDELL (@BRANDONWARDELL) October 9, 2017

3. Donald Trump Doing His Best to Help

No matter where you stand on this, anybody can get a laugh at Donald Trump multitasking practicing basketball while also helping hurricane survivor victims. May I reiterate…basketball and hurricane survivor victims…two completely opposite things…

Trump: great crowd today, fantastic. now raise those hands if you want paper towels! Staffer: uh we should probably hand them out sir Trump: pic.twitter.com/2pmt9vOIsi

— Caleb Ecarma (@calebecarma) October 3, 2017

4. First of all…

ATTENTION : CALLING ALL SASSY PERSONALITIES!! We know all too well that when people assume something about us, we absolutely have to drop it down on em’. If this is you, your time on Twitter has come…

“Can’t relate with your tweets” First of all, my tweets are not your relatives pic.twitter.com/s4pFp9nW27

— Edward (@EdwardAsare_) October 15, 2017

“You read my message but didn’t reply” First of all I didn’t mean to read it

— b.b (@Benoo_Brown) October 15, 2017

5. Mocking Spongebob

If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably getting the gist that memes are all about sarcasm. Well, just your luck, here’s the most sarcastic meme you can find out there: Spongebob mocking like a chicken.

*failing classes* Me: “Can I get some extra credit?” Professor: “cAn i GEt SomE eXtRa creDiT?” pic.twitter.com/PJSKoyUATH

— Spooky Wang (@BigWangTheoryy) May 9, 2017

Him: *leaves me on delivered last night* Him this morning: “good morning beautiful” Me: gOOd MOrIng beAuTiFul pic.twitter.com/vfx4YJI0so

— adryanna (@adryzzle) May 7, 2017

6. Distracted Boyfriend

Looking for a plain photo to put in your PowerPoint? Where do you go you ask? Stock photos. They’re simple and easy to find, and oftentimes so random we think, “who would ever take a picture like this”. It’s about time they became a meme. If you recognize this, you definitely relate to the boyfriend and his competing desires.

Me irl pic.twitter.com/7BeSrxiGxk

— me irl (@ItMeIRL) August 24, 2017

pic.twitter.com/4Z53MgtXfW

— william shookspeare (@dracomallfoys) August 22, 2017

7. Roll Safe

Last, but not least, roll safe. This meme has been around for what feels like forever yet it’s by far the most used AND the most popular meme out there. It is literally just a guy grinning while pointing to his head and somehow Twitter turned it into a meme expressing sarcastic advice.

u can’t disappoint ur family if you’ve never made them proud in the first place pic.twitter.com/Ui8vRct0oC

— • dyl • (@DylanM_97) February 1, 2017

You can’t be broke if you don’t check your bank account pic.twitter.com/brpgiWflym

— Ryan (@RyanWindoww) January 23, 2017

Cheers to all the Internet addicts and meme collectors out there!