7 Hunky Heartthrobs from Your Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Our childhoods were blessed with the most beautiful men of the century. Here are a few that we were all starstruck by.

Zac Efron

I don’t know one girl who was not in love with Zac Efron. Every teenage girl even had a TigerBeat poster of him plastered on their wall. I mean, how couldn’t you love him with his piercing blue eyes and side swept hair? With Zac’s famed role in High School Musical, every girl wished for a star athlete to sweep them off their feet.

Chad Michael Murray

Everyone loved Chad Michael Murray as Austin Ames in A Cinderella Story. He was the classic football player who also secretly wrote poetry, now how is that not everyone’s dream guy? He was the jock with a heart, whom I also blame for my unrealistic expectations for the amount emotional depth high school boys actually have.

Taylor Lautner

While we all had crushed on him as Sharkboy in Sharkboy and Lavagirl, it wasn’t until he played a shirtless werewolf in Twilight that we truly fell in love with Taylor Lautner. He made every middle school girl dream of having a hunky werewolf to take their worries away as well as fight for Team Jacob.

Jesse McCartney

With songs like Leavin’ and Beautiful Soul, how could you not love Jesse McCartney? He stole our hearts with his perfect pop voice and swishy hair. He definitely takes second place with the most TigerBeat posters, falling behind Zac Efron of course.

Heath Ledger

It’s a tragic loss that he is no longer here today, but we can always reminisce on when he stole our hearts in 10 Things I Hate About You. With his sexy Australian accent and charming smile, it was impossible to find a flaw in Heath Ledger. Especially, when he played the high school bad boy with a soft side, there was no way not to be infatuated with him.

Aaron Carter

Probably the best thing there ever was is when Aaron Carter was featured on the Lizzie McGuire Christmas special. Aaron Carter is the perfect embodiment of an early 2000s heartthrob (you know, bleached hair, puka shells… that kind of thing). We all jammed to his classic I Want Candy, most of us probably still do, and we all envied Hilary Duff for her time with him.

John Stamos

In his iconic role as Uncle Jesse in Full House, John Stamos became the hunkiest heartthrob on tv(and still is). He still hasn’t given up his acting career so you can still enjoy watching him in shows like Scream Queens, Grandfathered and especially Fuller House. Our love for him will never die and hopefully he will continue to bless us with his onscreen presence.

These lovely men will always hold a special place in our hearts. They were our first (and current) crushes and we can never forget them. No matter what new stars come into our lives, they will never replace those who were there in the beginning.