This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

After a long night out with your friends or even after a long week of studying, sometimes you just need a good hook-up. Whether it’s someone you’re familiar with or that person you’ve been dying to meet on Tinder, here are some of the best booty call texts that are sure to make that hook-up a reality.

Hey wyd?

Truly a classic! This one is all about being casual –it’s cool if they come over, but at the same time you don’t care. It’s not too pushy, but everyone knows what this means.

Cuddles?

This one is for all the nice boys on your list. It’s better if you know the person a little better because it doesn’t necessarily mean you want to hook-up, but you just want a little love and attention. It’s really cute and can even be paired with a cute puppy giphy. Cuddles are hardly ever turned down.

Are you up rn? Or You Up?

Another classic that will always get your point across. It’s a little less thirsty than some of the other pick up lines out there and worst case scenario, if you end up changing your mind, you can just say you wanted to talk.

Winking emoji or giphy

This one is a little more bold, but definitely gets the point across that you want to hook-up. It is more likely to spark a conversation around hooking-up and even if they can’t right at that moment, you can figure out another time.

Hey you

This one is cute and flirty. You can follow this text up with, “come over” or “I’m on my way,” if you’re feeling bold. With this text, the possibilities are endless! 

There’s this movie that I really want to show you

This is cute and a little more wholesome. Send this to someone who you are really interested in and maybe want to cuff later on. This one works because there is the implication that there is more to the night that just watching a movie. 

?

Ahhh the infamous question mark. It’s a little mysterious, super fun and a little sexy. You can’t go wrong!

Feel free to try out any of these texts after your next night out, who knows you could end up finding someone really great. 

What’s your go to booty call text? Let us know in the comments.

Lauryn Luescher

Cal Poly '22

Lauryn is a third year student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, majoring in Journalism and concentrating in Public Relations and minoring in marketing and ethnic studies. She loves going to the beach, hammocking, writing and exploring San Luis Obispo. This year Lauryn is the Senior Editor for Her Campus Cal Poly and spends her free time writing and editing. Lauryn also works with New Student and Transition Programs at Cal Poly and loves orienting new students to college. After college, Lauryn hopes to work for a PR agency or do PR for a food company.
Hi I'm Lauren! I am the Campus Correspondent at Cal Poly, SLO. I am studying journalism and hope to have a career in TV broadcasting. When I'm not running around campus with a camera interviewing people, you can find me watching makeup tutorials on Youtube. I LOVE anything beauty or skincare related and I'm always looking for new makeup products! Follow me to see makeup looks, sunset pictures in SLO and all my friends! (Oh and I have some funny tweets too!)