The 7 Best Ugly Christmas Sweaters Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Call me a hipster, but I genuinely believe that Christmas sweaters are the flyest thing you can deck yourself out in starting the day AFTER Thanksgiving (did you hear that, grocery stores?) and ending on January 1st. The after-Christmas blues are totally a thing—so I scoured the Internet to compile a list of the gnarliest ones. The best part? You can order any of these online at the websites listed below. Look at you, holiday fashionista.

1. Can you even count this one as a Christmas sweater? It gets points for being ugly, and you’ll totally be setting a trend with the brand new Christmas color scheme of pink and baby blue. Oh, and it has shoulder pads.

2. Grandma may not approve, but if Katy Perry did a holiday rendition of “California Gurls” we could probably expect to see her adorning herself with one of the dozens (yes, I said dozens) of springy-boob ugly Christmas sweaters to pick from on this site.

3. Oh, this one is… charming. I don’t think I have to say much here.

4. It looks like someone sewed on a Christmas tree rug to cover the entire front of the sweater and later realized fashion design wasn’t his or her forte.

5. This one is so darling; I had to put it on this list somewhere. Who doesn’t love a westie?

6. This one might be just be crowned as not only the world’s ugliest Christmas sweater, but the world’s ugliest thing ever sewn together. Sweater dresses should have never been an acceptable garment to wear in public in the first place, let one ones with tinsel, bells and tassels.

7. And lastly, the Santa Claus sweater crop top. I think this one was intended for, uh, a younger crowd. The sparkly green tights are a bold touch, though.

Hopefully, you’ve just found your next wear-everywhere, never-take-it-off cuddly top. Bonus: you definitely get any Scrooge or Grinch comparisons.

Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu