This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

As we move into the winter months, it may be time to upgrade your wardrobe with some simple pieces you can wear with several different outfits. Target seems to have everything – clothes included – and all for fairly low prices! Check them out here and then go find them at your local Target!

Jeans

We all need a go-to pair of jeans and I’m not exaggerating when I say that these are my favorite that I’ve ever owned! While they’re one of the more expensive items on our list, they still price out at under $30 and will last a long time.

Flannels

For warm layers, try out these flannels! There are four colors to choose from and a ton of sizes at reasonable prices. 

Sweatpants

A lot of us have been living in sweatpants throughout quarantine, and these chilly winter months make them even better. This pair is both cozy and casual – perfect for zoom classes!

Turtleneck

We think a good turtleneck to layer with in winter is essential, and this is the perfect option for being cost-effective and versatile. It comes in eight different colors to pair with a variety of different outfits.

Corduroy Skirt

Whether for a holiday party or a warmer day, this skirt is perfect for so many occasions. The bold colors make it a great statement piece. It is also decently well-made and even features pockets!

Beanie

To accessorize, grab this knit beanie. It comes in five soft colors to pair with any outfit and keep you warm when you go outside.

Jean Jacket

Who here loves jean jackets? The biggest downfall is often the price, but this under $30 option will satisfy both your fashion sense and bank account. 

With all of these closet staples to choose from, we are sure that you are set for some stellar winter outfits. 

Emi Nishida is a fourth year English major with Linguistics and Child Development minors from Irvine, California. She serves as Editor in Chief for Cal Poly’s chapter of Her Campus. Other than writing, her passions include music, dance, romcoms, anything arts & crafts, and exploring the outdoors.