We’ve all been there: You see them from across the room, and your eyes meet for the very first time. Could it possibly be? Yes, you think so. Your soulmate, your other half, the person you’ve been waiting for for your entire young life. But then, gone in an instant. If you’ve ever fallen in love with a complete stranger, whether it be the boy you see five seconds in between classes, or the one in the seat in front of you on a three hour flight, you know the feeling:
1. Complete and absolute shock
Have your eyes deceived you? Who is this mystery man? Who knew love at first sight was an actual thing? You must know more.
2. You analyze everything about him in under a second
Who’s he with and how do they look? What’s his vibe? What kind of shoes is he wearing? And then you conclude that this human is, indeed, the definition of perfection.
3. You go on to immediately picture your future with this complete stranger
It’ll be a fall wedding, family and close friends only, and perhaps a honeymoon in Santorini. You’ll have three kids (a boy and two girls) and you’ll raise them in a cute little suburb, where they can learn to ride their bikes, and play outside with the golden retriever.…too soon?
4. It’s like if you stare at him long enough, he’ll fall in love with you too
Why isn’t he looking at me? I mean, can’t he see that we are perfect for each other?
5. Your heart low-key breaks when he disappears
Why must all good things come to an end? I’ll never forget you…
6. That is, until you fall in love with the next stranger you pass by