This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

While COVID 19 has been a major part of our life, eventually (hopefully) we will begin to return to old ways of life. Just in case you forgot what we used to do for fun other than staying inside 24 hours a day and baking bread, here are some ideas for when the time comes.

Disclaimer: this article is meant to bring some humor by discussing how much our lives have changed, but currently COVID still affects millions of Americans so please continue to social distance and SLO the spread!

Giant Netflix

Enjoy the movies and TV shows you have been binging over the last year, but on the big screen. You can watch movies, not on your computer or home television, but in a theater (I know it’s been a long time since you’ve heard that word so here’s the definition: movie theater-a theater where movies are shown for public entertainment.) Your favorite actors  like Timothy Chalamet will be huge, but do not be alarmed, it is only because you’re not looking at a small screen anymore.

Human Spotify

We’ve become so used to listening to Spotify or Apple Music in our rooms alone, but after COVID, we can enjoy seeing the artists and listening to music with other people! Note: they have a limited set list and you probably won’t be able to hear all of your playlist favorites such as your “Ultimate sad boi hours playlist” or “COVID 19 K-Pop Quarantine Party”.

Offline Dating

Offline dating IS a thing! You actually get to meet the person you’ve been Skyping with and texting on Tinder in person. You can go places together, eat together, and you won’t have to ask them about their COVID health history (although it still may be a good idea)! But don’t forget that people don’t typically wear pj’s on dates, and you’re going to have to shower since you won’t be talking over the phone anymore.

OUTdoors

I know our beds have become a second home from our actual home, but believe it or not, you’ll be able to go OUTside (the opposite of inside- where we have been for over a year). We will all be living a real Tangled moment, feeling the grass between our toes, the wind in our hair, and water (that did not come from the fridge).

Shopping in a shop

Now I know this might sound crazy, but not all the money in the world goes to Jeff Bezos (most of it but not all). You’ll be able to shop in person at stores for  things other than hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes.

Street Zoom

Believe it or not, you’ll actually be able to Zoom with people and see them from the neck down, so don’t forget to put on pants! But be careful what you say because you won’t be on mute and your camera is ALWAYS on.

Hello! I am Nicole Poirier and I am attending Cal Poly SLO as a first year. I have extensive background in the media industry. I have completed an internship with my local 92131 Magazine as a writer as well as an internship with the NBC 7 Media Academy. I was a part of my high school newspaper for three years and was the Editor in Chief. I love traveling, volunteering with shelter animals and spending time with my dog Lola at home. I have earned scholarships from the Scripps Ranch Women's Club as well as from the Scripps Ranch High School counseling department. I hope to share some of my story with you though each article I produce. Enjoy!