BTC ONLINE?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
BTC ONLINE?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

5 TikTokers to Follow for Sustainable Fashion Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Although fashion content creators can be found all over TikTok, sustainability is still finding its voice on the app. Over time, TikTok has given us plenty of entertaining aspects, but it can also be educational too. Sustainable fashion TikTok consists of creators not only promoting buying sustainably, but also giving helpful tips and advice on things like thrifting, DIY’s, mending clothing, and selling second-hand pieces yourself. Their hope is that you will find inspiration from their platforms in order to be a part of the stop against fast fashion, and make the fashion world a more sustainable place for the environment while still finding those trends that you love. Listed below are five TikTokers to follow for sustainable fashion inspiration. 

@Coconut_Cracked

Masego Morgan, is a sustainable fashion content creator based in Cape Town, South Africa. On her TikTok account you can find “week of outfits”  videos which show Morgan’s fun clothing aesthetic with pieces that are all thrifted. Morgan is an advocate for slow fashion, the antithesis of fast fashion. Slow fashion is all about avoiding buying from large corporations that use fast fashion production methods, and instead buy from second-hand stores, such as thrifting. You can also find thrifting hauls and DIY videos on her TikTok page. Through her content, Morgan shows how you cannot only better the environment through second-hand shopping, but also create your own unique and original clothing aesthetic. 

@Emma.Rogue

Emma Rogue gives her TikTok followers a guide for all things buying and selling second-hand. Her content consists of thrifting tips , depop tips, and so much more sustainable fashion advice. Rogue’s Y2K outfit aesthetic has given her a big following on the app, and she shows her followers that popular trends are obtainable, and even sometimes more successful, through second-hand shopping. 

@ThatCurlyTopp

Jazmine Rogers shares her sustainable fashion and lifestyle through social media platforms like TikTok, and gives her followers tips and tricks on how to do the same. Her content consists of how to make outfits from old clothing, thrift hauls, and spotlighting sustainable brands to shop from. Her colorful and funky aesthetic, with her positivity about sustainability, makes her a content creator that you’ll want to keep up with. 

@CookieCat.Herine

Cat Chiang’s warm and upbeat personality shines through her TikToks and her love for sustainable fashion will be sure to inspire you. Chiang shares with her followers sustainable methods to your favorite fun and quirky trends, whether it’s cool new ways to do accessories or colorful sweaters that will be sure to make a statement in your wardrobe. Whether she is knitting handmade sweaters, sharing a low-waste morning routine, or shining a light on size-inclusive sustainable brands, Chiang is always happy to share her her tips for all things sustainable fashion and wellness. 

@SmiishAndCo

While sustainable fashion is effective in thought, second-hand shopping can pose difficulties when it comes to size inclusivity. It can be harder to find the right sizes through methods like thrifting because, unlike retail stores, there are less options. This is something that Eliza and Nick from Smiish and Co. want to change. Their new clothing label promotes plus-size sustainable pieces. Right now they are making graphic t-shirts that go from sizes L to 4XL, and are hoping to expand their label in the future. On their TikTok page you can find informational videos on the importance of slow fashion brands, the Smiish and Co label, and styling tips. Go check out their website here.    

I hope you enjoy keeping up these TikTok creators as much as I do, and find inspiration from their sustainability tips and love for fashion. 

Gillian is a fourth-year at Cal Poly SLO. She is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Child Development. Gillian is the Social Media Director and a writer for Cal Poly Her Campus this year. She enjoys writing about sustainable fashion, social issues, and current trends. Even though she is planning a career in psychology, she loves being a part of Her Campus because it allows her to have a creative outlet and continue her passion for writing.