5 Things to Make Your House Smell like Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

With the busy nature of midterm season and other commitments, it can be hard to get into the spirit of fall. You won’t always have time to go to the pumpkin patch or decorate as much as you would like, but here are some quick and easy ways to make your house smell like fall this season.

Candles

This may seem fairly obvious, however fall scented candles can make a huge difference. Laying in bed to study or watch your favorite movie will now be so much better with the smell of fall throughout your house.

Pumpkin Bread

This is a favorite fall treat and will make your house smell amazing. Trader Joes even has a mix if you are trying to save time. So start baking bread for all of your friends this holiday season.

Fall Flavored Coffee

This is the perfect drink after a long and cold day. This will also make your house smell so good and add to the warm and cozy feel of fall. You can home make it or find a your favorite holiday mix.

Soup

Soup is the best dinner during the cold season. Trader Joe’s sells two fall soups during the season that are amazing. Pick up some Pumpkin Bisque and Fall Harvest Soup this season.

Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Broom

This is a must-have this fall. Hang this in your home for an amazing fall smell and a cute decoration. Get creative, decorate your broom however you want and hang them around your house. 

Get the warm cozy smell of fall in your home this season to help you get in the spirit and get through this midterm season.

Lauryn Luescher

Cal Poly '22

Lauryn is a third year student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, majoring in Journalism and concentrating in Public Relations and minoring in marketing and ethnic studies. She loves going to the beach, hammocking, writing and exploring San Luis Obispo. This year Lauryn is the Senior Editor for Her Campus Cal Poly and spends her free time writing and editing. Lauryn also works with New Student and Transition Programs at Cal Poly and loves orienting new students to college. After college, Lauryn hopes to work for a PR agency or do PR for a food company.
Hi I'm Lauren! I am the Campus Correspondent at Cal Poly, SLO. I am studying journalism and hope to have a career in TV broadcasting. When I'm not running around campus with a camera interviewing people, you can find me watching makeup tutorials on Youtube. I LOVE anything beauty or skincare related and I'm always looking for new makeup products! Follow me to see makeup looks, sunset pictures in SLO and all my friends! (Oh and I have some funny tweets too!)