pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Her20s

5 Things Graduating Seniors Are Tired of Hearing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The last few weeks of the school year are finally upon us: summer plans are being finalized and sweatshirts are being swapped for swimsuits. It’s both a fun and stressful time for many. But for graduating seniors, it’s especially intense. Soon, we’ll be walking across that stage and leaving behind everything we’ve known the past few years. While it’s an exciting time, it’s also filled with uncertainty –– and some things we’re just plain sick of hearing. Here are just a few.

“Do you have a job yet?”

Unless you already have your dream post-grad job secured, this one probably makes you want to scream. Yes, I’m still spending all my time on LinkedIn –– no, I don’t want to talk about it.

“The real world is much harder”

We may have complained about our eight a.m. labs, but the thought of having to get up at six a.m. for work every day is terrifying. On the bright side though, at least there are no more discussion boards or group projects –– at least, not without pay.

“College is the best years of your life”

For some, this may feel true, which makes it all that much harder to leave. For others, they may be thinking, “Really? This is as good as it gets?” Regardless, there’s a whole world after college waiting to be explored, and our lives are far from over.

“Do you have a place to live yet?”

Whether you’re staying local, moving back in with your parents, or trying to find an apartment in a new city, the transition can definitely be stressful.

“You’re a real adult now”

No. No, no, no, no. You can’t make me adult. Please don’t make me adult…

Graduation is a huge achievement, and you should be proud of yourself for making it to this step. However, it’s okay to have some uncertainty in your future. It’s okay to not know exactly where you’re going –– you’re on your way, and that’s what matters.