This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Even though we still have to struggle through a few more weeks of classes and finals, the joy of summer is nearly upon us! Make sure you are prepared by stocking up on all of these must-have Summer beauty products. Here we go!

1. Colored eyeliner: Summer is all about taking some daring beauty risks. Colored eyeliner is the perfect way to express yourself — whether at the beach, on vacation or at a concert. Try something new! Shimmery gold will make blue eyes pop, purple is a great complement to green eyes and a striking blue or pink will look lovely with brown eyes. Try these Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners; they are waterproof and come in a whopping 18 different shades. What else could you ask for? $23, Sephora

2. Neon Nail polish: Summer is also the time to make bold nail polish statements. Don’t be afraid of neon! Stand out with Sephora’s line of “Electrics” from their Formula X brand, which retail for $10.50 and come in 15 different colors. Shades from left to right (picture above): Kapow!, Zip, Turbo, Seismic, Jolt.

3. Self-Tanner: If you are as pale as I am — meaning that you burn to a crisp after about 5 minutes in the sun — self-tanner is probably your best friend. It can be tricky to find a product that is natural-looking and easy to use, but never fear, Victoria’s Secret got it right with their $15 Self-Tanning Tinted Lotion. It is the best self-tanner I have ever used- – it smells good, is easy to apply, looks natural (just don’t apply too much at one time!) and has a lot of staying power. Tip: Mix product with normal lotion for a subtler look. I recommend pairing it with Nivea’s Extended Moisture Body Lotion (about $6 at Target.)

4. Waterproof Mascara: Keep your eyelash game strong through long, hot days at the beach or the pool! Urban Decay’s Cannonball Mascara is the ultimate waterproof mascara — so go ahead and sweat, swim, or cry tears of joy at the beauty of summertime—you can do it all with this product. $20, Sephora

5. MAC Cosmetics’ Alluring Aquatics Collection: MAC’s summer collection this year is a gorgeously packaged array of shadows, lipsticks, nail polishes and blushes fit for the mermaid in all of us. The collection is just starting to hit stores, so run out while you can or order online before it is all sold out. Check out MakeupByTiffanyD’s blog post about the collection for more detailed pictures, a review of the products and color swatches. Items start at $16.50.

Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu