5 Signs You’re Still on Summer Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Even though we are nearly finished with fall quarter, let’s face it: We are still in that vacation mindset. The temperature being lovely and warm certainly doesn’t help with the adjustment. If you find yourself identifying with any of these provisos, you might just be stuck in summer-land too.

1. The beach is your priority.

Do you find yourself constantly trying to talk yourself out of skipping class for a beach trip? A good tan is obviously better than good grades, right?

2. Homework procrastination is a serious issue.

You’re way too laid-back to actually consider working on anything. Maybe your homework will just do itself.

3. You are depending on your mom… for everything.

You forgot what it feels like to be a quasi-adult in the two months back home. You ask yourself: Why isn’t my laundry done? Who is going to do these dishes? Oh wait… I have to.

4. Your sleep schedule is completely nocturnal.

You mean I actually have to wake up before 1 p.m. now?!

5. Your daily wardrobe consists of cutoff shorts and flip flops.

What do you mean I can’t wear my swimsuit to class?! 

Junior at Cal Poly, SLO. Co-Campus Correspondent. Lover of dogs and laughter. Music Enthusiast.
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.