5 Perfect Date Ideas to Cure Your Spring Fever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

There’s no denying Spring in SLO is gorgeous. Between the rolling green hills and pink sunset skies melting into the ocean, it doesn’t get much better. But with those long sunny days comes serious spring fever, so here are 5 dates around SLO that get you outside to take advantage of Spring:

1. Drive to Carrizo Plain

You’ve been seeing it all over Instagram, and trust us, it’s worth the two hour drive. Carrizo is filled with nothing but bright yellow wildflowers as far as the eye can see – a seriously show-stopping view. Pack a picnic and make a day out of it!  Plus, the long, slow drive provides some serious get-to-know-you time.

2. Star-gazing at Prefumo Canyon

This one is pretty much a classic. Snuggle up against the wind and see if you can remember anything impressive from Astronomy 101.

3. Explore Morro Bay

Morro Bay is just out of the way enough to feel special, but not so far it makes new relationships feel pressured. The boardwalk is lined with fun shops and barrels of saltwater taffy, the perfect setting to get lost for a few hours. Bonus points: stay and catch the sunset by the rock.

4. Bike the Bob Jones Trail

If you’re feeling physical, grab some bikes and cruise to the Bob Jones Trail! This mild ride provides great views with minimal sweat, a perfect chance to rock your cute new Lulu leggings. The trail ends at Avila Beach, so you can even suggest a swim after.

5. Sycamore Hot Springs

If you can get past the smell of sulfur, Avila’s own mineral springs are perfect for a romantic night. Tucked into the hills and covered by trees, these private hot tubs were made for date night. Pro tip: consider bug spray. Mosquitoes are apparently as into this idea as we are.

Grab bae and your favorite sunglasses, and go soak up the springtime!

Lexi is a fourth year Sociology major and Ethnic Studies minor at Cal Poly SLO. She is a big fan of frequent flier miles, hiking, black tea, and Giants baseball. She is also proud to be a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus.