5 Gifs From “You” That Make Our Skin Crawl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The Netflix show “You” first debuted in September of 2018 and the second season was released in December 2019. The show is a thriller that follows Joe, a serial killer, as he develops an obsession and falls in love with Beck, a customer at the bookstore where he works. 

If you haven’t finished the second season yet, don’t worry we won’t spoil it for you!

To close out stalking awareness month, here are 5 gifs from “You” that make our skin crawl.

The classic stalker Joe

The hiding under the bed Joe

The chasing after Peach Joe

The spying on Beck in the car Joe

The in the house Joe

“You” is a very popular show, and while it dramatizes some aspects for television, it brings up the harsh reality of how far stalking can go. Make sure to stay safe online and trust your gut instinct. 

Hi I'm Lauren! I am the Campus Correspondent at Cal Poly, SLO. I am studying journalism and hope to have a career in TV broadcasting. When I'm not running around campus with a camera interviewing people, you can find me watching makeup tutorials on Youtube. I LOVE anything beauty or skincare related and I'm always looking for new makeup products! Follow me to see makeup looks, sunset pictures in SLO and all my friends! (Oh and I have some funny tweets too!)