This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Strong female role models are so important! We often look to celebrities for inspiration and motivation, but the problem with that is a lot of these celebrities are not being real with us. Here are 5 female artists serving us all the female realness. 

Billie Eilish

Not only does Billie break the typical female mold by wearing baggy clothing, she is spreading awareness about the current climate emergency and having a serious call to action. 

Chelsea Cutler

With Chelsea Cutler’s new single ‘You Are Losing Me’ comes a serious look into her life and her relationship with her music and career as an artist. 

Kacey Musgraves

Kacey always keeps it real and never fails to make us laugh. 

Bea Miller

Bea Miller calling all of us out on our innate need to chop off all our hair after a breakdown…she just had the guts to actually do it! 

Maren Morris

Maren Morris giving us some much-needed advice on love, marriage, and staying true to yourself. 

We can always rely on these powerful females to keep it real with us! 

Megan Deegan

Cal Poly '20

I am a Journalism major with a concentration in PR at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. I love the beach, writing for my blog, and going on adventures with friends.