The 5 Best Sandwiches in SLO

It’s no question that San Luis Obispo has some of the best restaurants around. With so many local places unique to SLO, there’s always somewhere to satisfy your empty stomach. If you’re like me, and frequently crave a good sandwich, I’ve got you covered. Here are some of the best sandwiches in SLO that you just have to try.

1. High Street Deli

I cannot even begin to describe my love for this amazing place. With tons of delicious sandwiches on the menu, plus countless ingredients for making your own creations, High Street Deli never disappoints. Plus, at 4:20 p.m. every day, all sandwiches are only $4.20! Good food at cheap prices, how much better can it get?

Recommendation: California Turkey Sandwich

2. Firestone Grill

Located downtown on Higuera Street, Firestone is one of SLO’s most famous restaurants. If you’re ever craving BBQ, this is the place to go. The restaurant’s signature sandwich, the tri-tip steak, has customers lining up out the door and trust me, it’s worth the wait.

Recommendation: Tri-Tip Steak Sandwich

3. Louisa’s Place 

Rightfully voted “Best Breakfast in SLO County” multiple times, Louisa’s Place is definitely one of the best. This friendly diner serves breakfast all day so it’s conveniently there whenever you feel the need for some delicious bacon and eggs on bread.

Recommendation: Breakfast Sandwich

4. Urbane Café

Next door to Louisa’s Place, Urbane Café has a wide variety of tasty sandwiches from which to choose. Whether you’re in the mood for a warm or cold sandwich, there’s always something to satisfy your craving. Urbane even makes its own focaccia bread from scratch each day for its sandwiches, so you’re always getting a fresh meal.

Recommendation: So-Cal Sandwich

5. Splash Café

It’s mostly recognized for its clam chowder, so naturally Splash Café offers many mouth-watering seafood sandwiches to go along with your bowl of soup. However, if you’re not a big seafood fan, Splash has some amazing deli sandwiches as well. There’s always something for everyone!

Recommendation: Grilled Salmon Sandwich

Enjoy these delicious sandwiches, collegiettes, and look out for further articles on what to eat in SLO!

Gabby is a fourth-year Marketing and Statistics student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She's currently the Marketing & PR Director for HCCP, as well as a writer and editor. Her passions include consuming unhealthy amounts of coffee, idealizing her life on Pinterest, and all things breakfast-related.