This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

It may only be February, but it’s beginning to feel like spring on the Central Coast. Sunny and 70 degrees has us stripping off our puffy coats and flare jeans quicker than we thought! We know we need to start dressing for the warm weather, but what should we wear for the new season? 

Here are a few fun trends seen on the runway that will be making their way to retailers for the upcoming spring season and where to buy them!

Polka Dots

We thought wearing polka dot sundresses and sandals were just a happy memory from our childhood that could be forever gone, but we were wrong. It’s time to be young and fun again this spring and mess around with some funky prints, polka dots included. As seen on the runway by Michael Kors, polka dots are back and better than ever. 

Pleats

Whether you’re trying to find a unique dress for a special occasion or just want a fresh skirt for those sunny days, pleats are a perfect way to change your outfit from flat to fun. Seen on the runway by Pyer Moss, pleats could be seen on dresses, skirts or even pants! 

Puff Sleeves

Perfect for going out to dinner or just adding a girly attitude to your outfit, puff sleeves are in! Whether it be a puff sleeve top or dress, long or short sleeve, this style is one to experiment with this spring. The best part? This trend fits many different style preferences from boho chic to vintage vibes; they are universal!

Bra Tops

Whether it’s a printed satin top or a simple cotton one, bra tops are versatile and chic. Wear it with high rise jeans, or make it casual. Wear it with a midi skirt and some pumps — date night outfit done! Just because it’s tiny doesn’t mean it can’t be a statement piece!

Now that you know some of the upcoming trends for spring you can keep an eye out for new pieces to shake up your wardrobe. Happy shopping! 

Current Vice President and Campus Correspondent for the Cal Poly chapter of Her Campus. Hannah is a third year Journalism student with a concentration in Public Relations at Cal Poly. Hannah is working toward a career writing for an online publication focusing on health and wellness. In her free time Hannah listens to podcasts, walks on the beach, reads self-help books, shops clean skincare and tries new plant-based recipes. On this page you'll find the articles she has written about lifestyle, health, wellness, fashion, current events and more.