4 Reasons You’re Ready for Spring Break to Be Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Spring break is a time of year that most collegiettes look forward to. Whether you are planning to spend the week in Cabo, go backpacking with friends or head home, it’s a welcome break. However, sometimes you’re just ready for the break to be over. Here are some reasons you are totally over spring break.

1. If you chose to go home for the break, it’s probably pretty easy for it to wear on you. Being at home for spring break may be nice for a few days while you are fed homemade food and have your laundry done for you, but after a while, seeing your friend’s Instagram pictures from Mexico, you’ll be ready for the break to end and everyone to return to school. The jealousy will set in and you’ll wonder why you ever chose to come home instead of going on some crazy adventure with your best friends.

2. Maybe you just have better things in mind, like say, summer break. Spring break is like a week-long tease to the summer months ahead. You know you still have to come back to school for another quarter before you are released into the glorious carefree days of summer. So, let’s just get this over with.

3. Maybe you’re suffering a fate even worse than going home for break. Maybe you stayed at school for the week. It seemed like a good idea at the time. You could get stuff done, work extra hours, get ahead on some reading and spend some quality time with Netflix. But, much like if you went home, you are plagued by the endless updates from friends that are having fun in some exotic location. No one else is around to share in your boredom. It is just you and the couch for the whole week.

4. Maybe you are simply crazy! If you can’t wait for spring break to be over, then there is something seriously wrong. It is a much needed break. It’s possible you could be missing your friends, but if you spend break the way you should, you should be out adventuring with your friends and having the time of your life! You only have a few spring breaks in college, make use of them!

I am a journalism major here at the amazing Cal Poly. My goal is to get paid to travel. The ultimate dream job would be to work for National Geographic or a magazine similar to that. I caught the travel bug when I went to China my sophomore year of high school. Since then I have been to Costa Rica, Spain and France. I hope to add to my list this summer and then maybe study abroad with Cal Poly. I love everything that has to do with the outdoors. I enjoy hiking, swimming, biking and yoga. I love writing and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu