14 Things for Single Ladies to Do on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Alright ladies, Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and being single is even more obvious. But that’s okay; what can be better than to spend the holiday with your girlfriends? Here are some spur of the moment things to spice up your Valentine’s Day. Make it one for the books!

1. Go hiking

There are plenty of beautiful trails to adventure on in San Luis Obispo; especially by the beach!

2. Satisfy your sweet tooth

Indulge in your favorite box of chocolates; this is the ultimate cheat day.

3. Go get a hot massage or a fresh mani/pedi

Check out LivingSocial and Groupon for local discounts; treat yourselves, girls!

4. Road trip

It’s a three-day weekend; why not take a little vacation with your bestie?

5. Buy someone else a bouquet of roses

Share the love! Surprise your mom; she’ll be your Valentine any day.

6. Karaoke

Don’t be afraid to sing; “Hit Me Baby One More Time” is always acceptable. When in doubt, karaoke it out!

7. Have a picnic

Avila Beach is the perfect spot for a good picnic and an incredible sunset.

8. Drive-in theater

Sunset Drive-in is just minutes away from campus; pack up a bunch of blankets and go!

9. Secret admirer gift exchange

Who needs a boyfriend when you have your friends? A gift exchange is a great way to keep the surprises coming.

10. Ice cream sundae bar

Grab your boyfriends Ben & Jerry, along with some toppings and create your own ice cream sundaes! (Another part of the cheat day of course…)

11. Wine tasting

Plenty of wine, cheese & crackers and a group of friends? What could be better?

12. Pajama party

I’m not talking about a normal sleepover; I mean an all day, stay in your pj’s, no make-up type of sleepover.

13. A date with destiny

Has anyone ever said no to a Ryan Gosling movie marathon? Didn’t think so.

14. Night out on the town

Why not check out a local band at a bar downtown? Dance the night away with your friends!

Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy it!

Third year Broadcast Journalism major, future sports reporter. Lover of all things chocolate, outdoorsy, and sports related. If you can't find me, I'm most likely watching Netflix.
Kayla Missman is a sophomore studying journalism at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Beyond serving as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Cal Poly, she works at Mustang News, the college newspaper, as a reporter and copy editor. Follow her on Twitter @kaymissman.