11 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day With Your BFFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

That’s right ladies, it’s that time again. Grab your girls and get ready to spend some quality time together for Galentine’s Day!!

1. Slumber party

What’s a better way to spend time with your gal pals than cuddling up in your coziest PJs and watching your favorite rom-coms. Essentials may include ice cream, popcorn, candy of choice and tissues (especially if it’s a Nicholas Sparks movie).

2. Karaoke party

Nothing says party more than Karaoke! Just grab a mic and start shamelessly belting out your favorite jams with your friends! Beyonce who?

3. Beach day

If you’re experiencing some warm weather and are blessed enough to live close by, grab your girl squad for a Galentine’s beach getaway! Don’t forget your favorite snacks, sunglasses and get ready to soak up some sun!

4.  Galentine’s Day potluck

What better way to show off your that dish you’ve been perfecting than with a potluck! Okay, maybe we aren’t all chefs, but in this case you get to indulge in everyone’s yummy food while spending quality time together. No shame in bringing store bought food to the party!

5. “Parks and Rec” marathon

Can’t have Galentine’s Day without this one! Honor the almighty queen, creator of Galentine’s Day herself, Leslie Knope, by watching all her amazingly iconic moments.

6. Puppy pizza party

Invite all your gal pals and their fuzzy friends over for a puppy pizza party! Pizza and puppies, must we say anything more?

7. Merlot and meme painting

That’s right, open your favorite bottle of Merlot and get your most meme-educated friends and invite them over to paint their favorite meme, may it be Kermit the Frog or Gavin from Vine, with acrylic paints on canvas. It’s called class, look it up.

8. Bachelor bash

Grab your favorite snacks and pour the wine and get read to invite your friends over for a viewing party of the latest episode of The Bachelor. Can we all agree Bekha M. is literally the best?

9. Treat ‘Yo Self shopping spree

There’s no better time for a shopping spree than Galentine’s Day. In the words of Tom Haverford and Donna Meagle, TREAT YO SELF with the finer things in life. Okay, or maybe just those really cute booties you saw on sale.

10. G.N.O.

Did someone say G.N.O.?! Grab your girls and get ready to hit the town because you came to party! This is YOUR squad’s night to show off your most fab outfits and dance moves at your favorite bar or club. It’s a girls night!

If this didn’t give you an idea for tonight then we don’t know what will. Happy Galentine’s Day, everyone!

Dominique Morales is a third year journalism student, concentrating in broadcast at Cal Poly SLO.