free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

11 Thoughts Everyone Has While Applying to Jobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

With winter quarter upon us, senioritis is in full swing. There’s always something better to do than homework (two-for-ones, hiking, Netflix, you name it). But one thing we seniors can’t avoid is job hunting. Here are 11 thoughts everyone has while applying for jobs: 

1. I got this. I’m a qualified, likeable, girl boss. 

2. Okay, so it turns out there’s a ton of qualified, likable girl bosses applying for the same job as me.

3. Maybe I’ll pull a Van Wilder and just stay in college for a few more years.

4. How am I supposed to get 3-5 years of experience if no one will give me experience without experience? This is some Inception-level confusion.

5. Is it too late to apply for the next season of The Bachelor? I’d be great at selling skinny tea and hair gummies on Instagram.

6. I should have picked a different major.

7. So what exactly am I supposed to write in a cover letter?

8. What is the academic way of saying “please hire me so I don’t have to move back in with my parents”?

9. The cast of One Tree Hill made getting your dream job seem so easy.

10. If I get an interview, I’m going to need a new wardrobe. These leggings I’ve been rockin’ aren’t going to cut it.

11. I’m just going to apply for all of these even though I’m not qualified and just see what happens.

We know it kinda sucks, but keep your head up! You’ve got this collegiettes! 

Lexi is a fourth year Sociology major and Ethnic Studies minor at Cal Poly SLO. She is a big fan of frequent flier miles, hiking, black tea, and Giants baseball. She is also proud to be a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus.