The 10 Best Tweets About the Presidential Debate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The first 2016 presidential debate was full of so many hilarious moments, from the mudslinging to the accusations from both presidential candidates. These tweets were able to perfectly capture the essence of this debate in 140 characters or less.

1. When Jerry Springer thought that Hillary Clinton was very presidential and should belong in the White House, but Donald Trump was so unqualified to be President that he only belonged on Springer’s show.

2. When Hillary Clinton threw some major shade on Trump’s economic plan, who couldn’t stop laughing? Would you like some ice for that burn, Trump?

3. This tweet perfectly captures the hilarious facial expressions that the candidates made throughout the debates. Hillary’s laugh is too much!

4. Sarah Silverman, who is most definitely a Clinton supporter, tweeted this about Trump, and it’s amazing.

5. Trust us, it wasn’t just the people in the audience laughing.

6. Why not, Donald Trump? You have blamed her for everything else so far.

7. Okay, this comment was just a complete curve ball. Like what?

8. I mean, Trump said he knows cyber is tough because his 10 year old son is good at computers.

9. Yaaasss!

10. Seriously? The IRS even said it was permissible to release your tax returns while under an audit.

I’m sure the next presidential debate will be just as eventful, and the tweets just as funny.

Emily has also authored political articles for Restless Magazine and numerous inspirational and empowering pieces for Project Wednesday. When she isn't writing, she can be found flying off to her next adventure, attempting new recipes, listening to one of her infinite playlists on Spotify, or cuddling with her dogs. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter @emilycveith.
Gina was formerly the Beauty & Culture Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw content and strategy for the site's key verticals. She was also the person behind @HerCampusBeauty, and all those other glowy selfies you faved. She got her start in digital media as a Campus Correspondent at HC Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she graduated in 2017 with degrees in English and Theater. Now, Gina is an LA-based writer and editor, and you can regularly find her wearing a face mask in bed and scrolling through TikTok.