sunset ocean beach sky evening
sunset ocean beach sky evening
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

You Live and You Learn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Welcome to the last article of my junior year of college. For this last article, I wanted to write about a big lesson I have learned these last couple of months. It is all about going through life and learning from everything that is thrown at you, even if it is good or bad. 

My big wakeup call for me was when my seven year relationship came to an end and I was absolutely crushed for a solid six months. I had everything planned out for the rest of my life to be with this man. It took a lot for me to forgive him and learn to let go, but I honestly beat myself up for it because I always thought I didn’t do enough to maintain the relationship. However, after a long time and a lot of hard work, I acknowledge that I learned a lot from my relationship: 

• Always do what is going to be good for you in the moment even if it means letting go of people you still love
  • Trust your gut feeling 100% of the time 
  • Cherish every moment you get to spend with the people you love 
  • Everything happens for a reason
  • You can care for someone and also want nothing to do with them any longer 
  • It will all be okay one day. 

I am glad I went through everything I did because I honestly love the person I am becoming. I’m learning more about what I love and trying so many new things. 

If you are reading this and it is a bad time for you, I hope you know that it will all make sense one day and the pain will come to an end. 

I will see you guys in the fall. xoxo

My name is Wendy and I am a Sociology and Spanish major at California Lutheran University. I have lived in Ventura County all my life, making me a huge fan of the beach. I love to read on my down time, spend time with friends and workout. My love for writing began during quarantine where I found it to be a great way to express myself! I hope you enjoy my articles!