Her Campus Cal Lutheran is hosting the International Women’s Day Celebration on March 8th on the Spine! The celebration will be taking place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. This event will have various clubs and organizations that will be providing different activities and prizes to those who stop by their tables. Here are 10 reasons as to why you should go to this celebration!
2. Be informed! Relay for Life will be handing out information about women’s cancer.
3. College Democrats will also be present! If you have a knack for history, come participate in their women’s history game.
4. If you’re having a bad day come stop by, the Happiness Club will be giving out compliments!
5. The League of Student Nurses will be passing out brochures and flyers about health and well-being. Learn more about how to keep yourself healthy, mentally and physically!Photo courtesy of Pexels.com
6. To continue with ideas of being mindful, the Counseling Center will be doing a self-care activity! The Wellness Center will also be providing information about women’s sports.
7. Career Services will be hosting a true or false salary game! You can also be inspired by the information they will be providing about women in the workforce and women in male-dominated fields. In addition, the Latin America Student Organization, LASO, will have information about Latina women. The Veterans office will have information about female veterans!
10. The Center for Equality and Justice will be providing information about human trafficking. Obviously this is an uncomfortable topic to talk about, but take the time to really learn about what’s happening and see what you can do to help.
These are just some of the activities you can participate in for this celebration. Stop by and learn new things about women and their presence in the world! Hope to see you there!