We Will Never Forget: A 9/11 Memorial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

This day 14 years ago, the United States was struck with the devastating catastrophe of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City.  We do our best every year to pay respects and remembrance for those that lost their lives and their families. Cal Lutheran specificly, decided to honor those heroes by placing an American flag for each life that was lost that day in New York. 

Put on by CLU’s College Republicans Club, they wave in solidarity with the memory of the tragedy. Students can come by and stand in a moment of silence to embrace the impact of seeing the number of flags that stand in our very own Kingsmen Park. Students, faculty, staff, and others can come to view this memorial and unite as connected members of the Cal Lutheran family. We thank the CLU College Republicans for organizing this event so that proper respect can be given to the fallen, as they are solidified with one of the strongest symbols of the United States; the American flag.

Her Campus, Cal Lutheran, and everyone stands to never forget. 

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!