Life > Experiences

Things I’m Looking Forward to in the New Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

With the year sadly coming to a close, it’s time to not only reflect on the year but also think about events, concerts, and monumental experiences that we will experience next year! Personally, the new year always brings mixed emotions. For one, it’s hard letting go of the exciting memories that I made this past year and ending the classes that I thoroughly enjoyed. Overall, starting from a clean slate in the new year is terrifying. The unknown can be scary, but I really think that’s the beauty of having the privilege to step into the new year. However, there are a few things that I’m looking forward to in the new year that keep me afloat when my mind wonders about the unknown. 

Graduating!

YEP! After four years of hard work, I’ll be graduating in the spring with an English major and a Creative Writing minor. I’ve dedicated lots of time, sweat, and TEARS to getting this degree, so I’m beyond proud of myself for completing this accomplishment at a young age. 

Turning 22!

One thing that I love about having my birthday in February is that I have a full day dedicated to myself right when the new year starts! (Selfish I know, but who doesn’t love their birthday?

Seeing Kacey Musgraves

For my birthday next year, my best friends and I are seeing one of my favorite artists, Kacey Musgraves! I’m so excited to see her in concert (finally) with the people I love the most! I’ve been a huge fan of her music for three years now, so seeing her in concert has been a huge wish of mine for a while now! 

Presenting at the Festival of Scholars 

In order to graduate from my major, I need to present at the festival of scholars. For my presentation, I will be sharing the importance of black coming-of-age novels for youth from all ethnic backgrounds and cultures! I’m excited to share this topic since I’ve been passionate about it for so long and see other presentations!

Traveling 

After graduating, my goal is to travel across Europe with my family! Everything is currently up in the air but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out! 

Although this isn’t everything that I’m looking forward to in the new year, it’s a good start. If you’re feeling anxious about stepping into the new year then I recommend you write down a few things that you’re looking forward to!

Happy holidays!

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.