This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

I would argue that in a room full of thousands of people, every single one of them has some idea about Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Drake, or Bad Bunny. After all, they are among the top most listened-to Artists on Spotify (literally the top 4 in the world). As a huge fan of music, they are some of my favorite artists as well. However, I have a soft spot for some smaller artists who I believe are creating incredible songs that more people need to hear. 

Here are my top three that I recommend you listen to, their vibe, and my favorite song by them:

ASTN

If you’re looking for a new R&B artist, this is the guy for you. ASTN has a delicate voice that can fill a room. His songs talk about love, loss, and all the feelings in between. If you’re in need of a chill late-night drive, he needs to be on your next playlist.

Favorite Song: Element

Album: Where Do We Go From Here? 

Maneskin

If you have heard of this band, it is probably because a cover song of theirs Beggin blew up on TikTok last year. If you are a fan of upbeat rock music, this is the band for you! They are a group of 4 friends who started off making music mostly in Italian. Since their victory in the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest, they have blown up in popularity across the globe. Their songs are erratic, loud, and good for when you’re angry or just need to get pumped up for something. 

Favorite Song: HONEY (ARE YOU COMING?) 

Album: Rush!

Christian French

Another old favorite artist of mine is Christian French. If you’re looking for more upbeat pop songs, then this is your guy. His songs oftentimes radiate positivity and the ideas about falling in love. If you’re ever in need of a pick-me-up or just some happy vibes, I highly recommend listening to some of his music.

Favorite Song: Golden Years

Album: The Space Between

If you see yourself getting bored listening to the same songs or artists over and over again, I highly encourage you to look for something new. It doesn’t have to be who I just recommended, but they are a great place to start if you want to expand your music tastes. Happy listening!

Gerda Jucys

Cal Lutheran '22

Hi everyone, my name is Gerda! I am a junior at Cal Lutheran studying biology and Spanish. I am one of the Co-editors of the HCCLU exec team and am apart of other things around campus including Women in STEM club, Common Ground, and the women's tennis team.