This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

From the girl with the guitar to a popstar, Taylor Swift has captured the minds of a lot of collegiates! From her first album dropping when we were around middle school to all of her albums throughout high school, and the fact that she’s still rocking the charts today makes her an impacting young woman in the music industry.

Taylor Swift’s envious glowing skin can be achieved with the three step process, some masks, and a little patience. Korean skincare is trending right now in the beauty world because of it’s affordability and the effectiveness (Memebox Products are free shipping over $30, guys!) . So, I combined a couple of different products that are about $30-$45 in total to match every album’s aesthetic.

1. The innocence and the purity of her self-titled album made a reputation of herself. It really captured a debut of her classiness. So, I associated this album with the ingredients of banana, honey, spring water and yogurt.

The Honey and Banana cleanser and moisturizer products smell amazing! It makes your skin feel softer. The spring water is perfect for morning routines because it feels really refreshing. Yogurt creates a natural glow to give you that Taylor Swift look that she has in her music videos!

~ Cleanser ~ Toner ~ Moisturizer ~ Yogurt sheet mask ~ Honey sheet mask ~

2. Fearless made her branch out to new artists, such as Colbie Caillat. Her writing and sound sound similar from her self-titled but the production is more advanced. This album is a personal favorite, because of the musical storytelling compellent is the most lively out of all of them. (“Love Story”, “You Belong With Me”). If you’re feeling “Fearless”, improve your skin with bee venom and snail.

Snails produce slime to heal cuts on their soft bodies from rocks and other rough surfaces. Say goodbye to those acne scars, snail mucin firms and restores skin by replenishing moisture and supporting cell regeneration. British Royalty, Kate Middleton, uses Bee Venom in her skin care. It tightens your skin and it improves the appearance a lot!

~ Cleanser ~ Toner ~ Moisturizer ~ High Content sheet mask ~ Propolis and Bee Venom mask ~

3. In Speak Now, Taylor focuses on imagery than the storytelling in her palette of words for this album (“Sparks Fly”). Most of the songs are more simple than Fearless (“Mean”). This whole album remind me of flowers. Speak Now definitely associates with lavender and roses.

Rose and Lavender are both calming scents. Perfect for any easily stressed people out there. Most skin products that have them will have the nutrients to treat whatever you need! I love the cleansing oil because of the petals inside it.

~ Cleanser ~ Toner ~ Moisturizer ~ sheet mask ~ cleansing oil ~

4. In Red, she definitely puts more of the pop element compared to her past albums. Her lyrics become spunkier (“Who’s Taylor Swift anyway, Ew”– “22”) in this one. Red is associated with apple and berries.

Fruit is rich in vitamin C which regenerates white blood cells to fix those scars and pores! The nose strips will help with blackheads.

~ Cleanser ~ Toner ~ Moisturizer ~ sheet mask ~ nose strips ~

5.  In 1989, we are introduced to a more mature Taylor. In her music videos, we see more vintage and lace. I associate this album with peach sake, red wine, pomegranate and charcoal.

Japanese Sake is made out of rice which has iron which promotes healthy skin. With the serum and toner, you’ll have beautiful bright skin and smell good while improving it. Charcoals, pomegranate and Red wine have powerful antioxidants. Cause darling you’re a nightmare dressed like a daydream!

~ Cleanser ~ Toner ~ serum ~ wine sheet mask ~ charcoal sheet mask ~

Emily Yoshida

Cal Lutheran

Hi I'm Emily and Im a HCCLU Alum!         
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!