This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

This cute pin-up look is super simple, and perfect for any occassion. Depending on the hairpiece used, you can use this look for a night out, a beach day, or every day. It only takes about 5-10 minutes, and it’s an easy way to look cute and classy.

Start with crowning your head with a soft, stretchy headband of your choice. The headband you use should be appropriate for whatever event you are attending. As always, make sure your hair is brushed out prior to starting the style. Your hair does not need to be curled for this style to work, but it can make it easier for your hair to stay tucked in at the end.

Starting on either side, take a small section and wrap it around the headband. Continue doing this on each side, adding more hair each time you wrap it around. Make sure to do equal amounts of wrapping on each side of your head in order for the hairstyle to look symmetrical!

When you only have about 1-2 inches left on your headband, stop wrapping! You should have something that looks like a ponytail in the back.

Take the hair that was left in the back and tuck it all into the headband. Once it is all tucked in, it may help to use bobby pins to secure the twists in place. To do this, pin the inside of the curl against your head, using the headband and the hair wrapped around it to hide the pins. If your hair is prone to falling out of updo’s, hairspray may be a good choice as well.

You may want to pull out bangs a little to cover your forehead. If your bangs are too short to tuck into the headband, you can use a bottlebrush, and hairdryer to make them puffier. If you prefer to keep hair around your face, you can keep the hair on either side out of the twist and curl them into looser curls on either side. This is not recommended if you have longer hair, as the curls should be used to frame your face and shouldn’t pass jaw-length.

You are officially ready to go out! Enjoy the compliments with your Simply Regal pin-up.

Special thanks to my lovely model, Mackenzie Hiatt.

Nikki Page

Cal Lutheran

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!